Wings on Water, it is not an overstatement to say, is the holiday home of your dreams. This beautifully decorated home lies on the banks of a river where wader birds nest. Within the home, there's a private pool, a snooker table, and more... Read More
Wings on Water, it is not an overstatement to say, is the holiday home of your dreams. This beautifully decorated home lies on the banks of a river where wader birds nest. Within the home, there's a private pool, a snooker table, and more entertainment options.
What adds to the charm of the place is the fact that the outhouse was originally a ferry jetty and used until the adjacent bridge was built. On some of the wooden columns, even today, one can see the dates written way back to 1937!
Wings on Water is special because of its:
- Location amidst nature
- Modern decor
- Views of the river
- Swimming pool
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide:
- A complimentary breakfast
- AC, WiFi, generator, inverter
- Wardrobe, hangers
- Iron, torch
- Geysers, towels, toiletries
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Bar, games
- Secured parking space for up to 6-8 cars
This is a wheelchair-friendly property.
At an additional cost, we can offer:
- Lunch, snacks and dinner
- Barbecue kit
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 6 bedrooms - 3 on the ground floor, 1 on the first floor, 2 in the outhouse.
- AC, WiFi and attached bathrooms are offered in all rooms.
- All rooms have king-sized beds and bedside tables.
- Most rooms have a dressing table.
- There are 6 attached bathrooms and 2 common powder rooms.
- All bathrooms have geysers, towels and basic toiletries.
- There are 2 living rooms with seating - 1 in the villa, 1 in the outhouse.
- The living room in the villa seats up to 10 people and offers a TV.
- Music system and WiFi are offered in both the living rooms.
- There is a bar and a dining area.
- The pool is 32x19 ft. in size and 5.5 ft. in depth. It can be accessed until 10 PM.
- There are two common powder rooms.
- There is a lawn and a balcony. Outdoor furniture for 14 people is available.
- Kitchen is not accessible for guest.
The guests have access to the entire property.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Lunch, snacks and dinner are available at an additional cost.
- Guests can also eat out in nearby restaurants like Basil Grill Restaurant and Bar, Little Hiya Juice Center and Restaurant, Amancio Bar & Restaurant and Siolim Deck.
We are able to provide bedding for your personal staff at an additional cost. Please note that there is no separate accommodation for the staff. If you are alright with your staff (maids / cooks / drivers) staying in the villa living room/bedrooms, we can give additional cotton floor mattresses.
Within the property, guests can enjoy a swim or play indoor games like pool, table tennis, carrom, chess, ludo, treasure island and cards. Guests can also step outside for badminton and football.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
- The villa is relatively secluded.
-Stags are not allowed.
- This property is not suitable for pets.
There are 2 friendly resident dogs at the villa premises. They are spayed and fully inoculated, so they don't need to be restrained while guests are at the house. Kindly ignore them and they will not bother you.
- There is a CCTV camera that captures the lawn, pool and outhouse exterior.
- In case of a power outage, the generator can support all appliances for up to 24 hours and the inverter can support lights and fans for up to 8 hours.
- Kids below the age of 12 years are not allowed to use the pool table.
- The caretaker stays in the premises of the same property.
- 2 of the 6 bedrooms are in the outhouse.
- WiFi, although offered, is subject to network availability at any given time.
- The bed linen and towels will be changed every 3rd day.
- Lunch, snacks and dinner are available at an additional cost.
- Raw materials for barbecue can be provided on actuals.
- Personal staff can be accommodated at an additional cost.
- Kitchen charges would be Rs. 1500 per meal. This would cover basic spices, gas and cleaning of cutlery and crockery.
The villa is in Chopdem village, between Siolim and Morjim. It is a 10-15min drive to Morjim, Ashwem, Mandrem, Siolim Beaches. These beaches are known for their cleanliness, water sports, famous restro-bars and nightclubs. While you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Wings on Water, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Go fishing
- Experience the houseboat tour
- Enjoy water sports such as flyboarding at walking distance from the villa
- Enjoy birdwatching! The species spotted here make for quite an illustrious list - common kingfisher, white breasted kingfisher, pond heron, cattle egret, purple heron, green bee eater, blue bearded bee eater, crimson sunbird, purple sunbird, brahminy kite, red vented bulbul, paddyfield pipit, Indian cormorant, blue faced malkoha, tickells blue flycatcher, Indian robin, stork billed kingfisher, red backed shrike, greater coucal, great hornbill, red wattled lapwing, common myna, jungle myna, black drongo, black-winged stilt
- Distance from Goa International Airport - 50 km.
- Distance from Pernem Railway Station - 14 km.
- Distance from Chopdem Bus Stand - 500 m.
- Distance from Revival Supermarket - 1.9 km.
Taxi services can be offered at an additional cost. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 6-8 cars is available at Wings on Water.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed.
- One must wear swimming attire and shower before entering the pool.
- Guests must use the shower near the pool to wash up and especially clean their feet before entering the pool.
- Children must always be supervised by adults in and around the pool.
- No breakable glasses, crockery or cutlery is allowed near the pool.
- Guests should not attempt to feed the resident dogs at the property.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Wings on Water fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 50 km. away from Goa International Airport and 14 km. away from Pernem Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There are 3 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 12 to 19 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 15-20 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
Yes! We’d love to. We offer event services including but not limited to food, live music and decoration. Please do let us know if we can help you organize something. We are happy to work on occasions ranging from anniversary celebrations for two, to birthday parties and team outings, to entire weddings with a mile-long guest list!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for one male staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 2000 per person, excluding meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
Guests can access the kitchen to prepare their own food at an additional cost. A trained staff is present to assist at an additional cost of Rs.1500 per day.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator and an inverter are available here.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Experience the houseboat tour. Shopping at Revival Supermarket. Eating at Basil Grill Restaurant and Bar, Little Hiya Juice Center and Restaurant, Amancio Bar & Restaurant and Siolim Deck. A visit to Church and Beaches.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 7 AM to 10 PM. The pool is 5.5 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.