A pleasant walk from the main road leads you to this home that is far from the maddening crowds! Its location pretty much guarantees sightings of gorgeous, rare birds, and there are lots of trails around that one can explore. Besides, you can... Read More
A pleasant walk from the main road leads you to this home that is far from the maddening crowds! Its location pretty much guarantees sightings of gorgeous, rare birds, and there are lots of trails around that one can explore. Besides, you can enjoy snacks around a bonfire, indulge in a culinary session, relish a hearty sundowner meal, take a special eucalyptus bath or (literally) go fly a kite. Relish a fun-filled day with some adorable elephants while they enjoy a spurting bath in the jungle pond near the villa. With all these activities available and the magical touch of nature, you're sure to have a great time staying at Wild Walkers!
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let us walk you through the villa.
- All 3 bedrooms have attached bathrooms.
- All rooms have queen size beds. Extra mattresses can be provided on request.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms.
- The villa has 3 private bathrooms and 1 common bathroom.
- All bathrooms are modern and have geysers for hot water supply.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided.
Kitchen & Meals
- Breakfast is complimentary and other meals can be provided at an additional cost.
- Cooking is not allowed in the villa.
- Consumption of non-veg food is not allowed in the villa.
- The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, cooking utensils and a water purifier.
- Crockery is available for 22 people.
- Indoor games like chess, carrom, jenga are available.
- Outdoor activities like archery, nature walks, trekking can be arranged.
- Breakfast is complimentary.
- A torch and medical kit is available.
- A power backup is available at the villa.
- A barbeque and bonfire can be arranged.
- Driver accommodation is available.
- Check-in after 5PM is not allowed.
- No loud music is allowed in the villa premises after 8 PM.
- No pets allowed at the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. Guest may smoke outdoors.
- Cooking is not allowed at the villa.
- Consuming non-veg food is not allowed.
Other Things to Note
- The villa is located amidst the forest. Guests are advised to not leave the property without the caretaker, and after 6PM.
- Parking is available about 500 meters away from the villa. Guests will have to walk the last 500 meters to the villa.
Guests have access to the entire villa. Room access will depend on the number of rooms booked by the guest.
Interaction with Guests
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- This villa is located in Bellikkal, Hullathy Village.
- Activities like Jeep driving, Treks, Mountain walks, Eucalyptus bath, Kite Flying, Sundowner and culinary sessions can be arranged.
- Nearby eatery includes Moon Piper Restaurant, located at a distance of approx. 2km.
- The Ooty market is at a distance of 12 km.
Getting Around & Transportation
- Distance from Coimbatore Airport- Approx. 110 km.
- Distance from Ooty Bus Stand- Approx. 12 km.
- Distance from Coimbatore Railway Station- Approx. 180 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. If you stay more than 2 nights, the fee remains Rs.1,000. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope this property fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 110 km. away from Coimbatore International Airport and 100 km. away from Coimbatore Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
No - the closest spot the car can get to is a short distance away from the villa.
Is parking available?
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
We regret that we are currently unable to provide a comfortable environment for those with mobility challenges here. We are working to make this space more inclusive. You may find applying the ‘Wheelchair Friendly’ filter useful to view all the suitable options at a glance.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 12 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
No, this place is not ideal for a day picnic.
Is it possible to host events here?
No, the place is not suitable for events.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for one male staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 500 per person, including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
While many of our partner homes do allow shoots, this place does not. Please consider applying the ‘Shoot Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
Yes - if you book this listing, there may be other guests besides you and your group here.
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at a fixed additional cost. Non-vegetarian meals are strictly not permitted.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, water dispenser, toaster, induction plate and mixer-grinder.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
We are unable to offer WiFi here, and cellular network is not too reliable either. Being free of distractions and spending quality time with loved ones is also quite a luxury, isn’t it?
Is power backup available?
Yes, a solar power backup is available here.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire can also be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Explore Botanical Gardens. Spend some time near Emerald Lake. A visit to Tea Museum and Wax World Museum.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Till 8 PM only.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
The property is located in a secluded area, 12 km away from the market, hence guests are not allowed to leave the property post 5 PM.
Guests are advised to stay cautious, as there may be wild animals around.
The host resides at the same property.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.