Whispering Pines offers incredible views of forested hills all around. A stay here leaves you with a sense of the kind of peace that can only come from being enveloped by nature. This, while being a stone's throw away from Shimla's most... Read More
Whispering Pines offers incredible views of forested hills all around. A stay here leaves you with a sense of the kind of peace that can only come from being enveloped by nature. This, while being a stone's throw away from Shimla's most popular hangout spot - the Mall Road. The lush green lawn outside is perfect for outdoor games, or to light up a bonfire and relax.
Most notably, this stay is ideal for yoga enthusiasts, who can make the most of enriching sessions with a certified trainer. The yoga practitioner who is often available here is highly experienced and is capable of guiding you through asanas and mudras (yoga postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), meditations, sound healing, yogic diet charts and internal cleansing.
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let us walk you through the space:
- There are 7 bedrooms.
- Heaters, WiFi and attached bathrooms are offered in all the bedrooms.
- All the bedrooms have double beds. Extra mattresses can be provided on request
- There are 7 bathrooms in the villa - all attached.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room accommodates up to 14 people.
- It offers a TV.
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- The kitchen is equipped with cooking utensils, a gas stove, a refrigerator, an oven and a water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for up to 20 people.
- Complimentary breakfast is offered while all other meals can be provided at an additional cost.
- Guests can access the kitchen to prepare their own meals.
- Kitchen is accessible to guests at Rs.1500/- per day for cooking, groceries additional to be borne by guests.
- Caretaker can prepare meals for the whole group at Rs.2500/- per day, groceries additional. (Only basic Indian and North Indian food)
- Guests can also eat out in nearby eateries like Hills Edge, 45 The Central and Eighteen 71 Cookhouse.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- There are two steep turns right before the villa, and only small cars can go all the way up to the entrance. The caretaker can provide help if required.
- This property is suitable for guests who use wheelchairs.
- Guests are requested to not let any cloth or wooden surface touch the heaters.
- Parking space for up to 4 cars is secured.
- In case of a power outage, power back up is available in the villa.
- A medical kit with basic first aid is available.
- There is an additional charge of Rs. 700 per day with accommodation due to scarcity of water during summer.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
At an elevation of 2200m, Shimla is beautifully covered with hills and majestic woods. With the pleasant weather that stays for most of the months, Shimla attracts plenty of tourists thanks to its charming colonial architecture, pedestrian-friendly Mall Road and beautiful churches. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Whispering Pines, here are a few things we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Visit the Ridge of Shimla
- Go for shopping at the Mall Road and Lakkar Bazaar
- Explore the tranquillity of Kufri
- Embrace the beauty of Green Valley
- Capture a panoramic view of the majestic nature from Kiala forest
- Relive the history in Kuthar Fort
- Distance from Shimla Airport - 23 km.
- Distance from Shimla Railway Station - 5 km.
- Distance from Shimla Bus Stand - 5 km.
- Distance from the local market - 1 km.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Whispering Pines fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 23 km km. away from Shimla Airport and 5 km km. away from Shimla Railway Station We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The place may or may not be suitable for guests who face mobility challenges.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 14 to 17 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events on a prior notice and can host up to 40 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
No. We don't offer accommodation for staff.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be arranged at Rs. 2000 per person, plus the cost of groceries.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with cooking utensils, gas stove, refrigerator, oven and a water purifier. Crockery and cutlery are available for 20 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time.
Is power backup available?
Power backup is not available at Whispering Pines.
Any additional amenities and services availablethat I should know about?
Barbeque kit is available at an additional cost. Bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.1000, depending on the availablity of wood.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around. A Yoga session can also be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Visit the Ridge of Shimla. Capture a panoramic view of the majestic nature from Kiala forest. Shopping at the Mall Road and Lakkar Bazaar. Embrace the beauty of Green Valley. Explore the tranquillity of Kufri.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable for this property.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
This question is not applicable for this property.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
There are two steep turns right before the villa, and only small cars can go all the way up to the entrance. Guests are requested to not let any cloth or wooden surface touch the heaters.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.