If a royal got inspired by the idea of minimalism, they'd probably live in a home like Isotria. Its various comforts spill over to the side of being more luxuries than necessities, yet, everything comes with this understated, and indeed,... Read More
If a royal got inspired by the idea of minimalism, they'd probably live in a home like Isotria. Its various comforts spill over to the side of being more luxuries than necessities, yet, everything comes with this understated, and indeed, peace-inducing vibe.
Relax with a drink by the pool, or laze in your four-poster bed. The seating arrangement in the living room is perfect for the entire group to enjoy each other's company.
Choose Istoria for its vintage vibe and total comfort.
Istoria is special because of its
- Convenient location
- Vintage decor, almost 2 centuries old
- Swimming pool
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
- Generator, AC, TV, WiFi
- Wardrobe, hangers
- Library, gazebo
- Geysers, towels, toiletries
- Mosquito repellent
- Secured parking space for up to 6 cars
This is a wheelchair-friendly, and pet-friendly property.
At an additional cost, we can offer
- All meals
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 5 bedrooms.
- AC is offered in all rooms.
- All 5 bedrooms have attached bathrooms.
- 4 bedrooms have king-sized beds and 1 bedroom has a queen-sized bed.
- One of the rooms has a 150-year-old king-sized bed. Guests are requested to treat this bed with care. Children are not allowed to use this bed.
- There are 5 attached bathrooms in the villa.
- All bathrooms have geysers, towels and basic toiletries.
- The living room seats 15 people comfortably.
- It offers a music system and WiFi.
- The dining area seats 8 people.
- There is a small lawn.
- There is a swimming pool.
- The pool is 40x20 ft. in size and 5 ft. in depth.
- It is accessible from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, a toaster, an induction plate, a mixer, a water filter, a refrigerator and a microwave.
- Crockery and cutlery are available.
- Guests may use the kitchen to prepare their own meals.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- All meals are available at an additional cost.
- Guests can prepare their own meals. Kitchen access is available at an additional cost.
- The caretaker can cook for the guests an additional cost.
We are able to provide accommodation for your personal staff at an additional cost.*
Within the property, guests can enjoy a swim, indoor games such as cards and Ludo. Guests can also enjoy taking a walk in nature and embrace its beauty.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
As the villa is located at the bottom of the hill, dogs and monkeys may enter the villa. Please bring it to the caretaker’s notice and he will manage the situation.
In case of a power outage, the generator supports all the appliances for up to 24 hours.
The caretaker resides in the premises of the same property.
TV is not offered in one of the rooms.
WiFi is only offered in one bedroom and the living room and is subject to network availability at any given time.
- Meals are offered at an additional cost.
- Your personal staff can be accommodated on an additional cost of Rs 2000/- each, per day.
- Access to the kitchen can be availed at an additional cost.
- The caretaker can cook for the guests at an additional cost.
Goa is located on the west coast of India, surrounded by the Arabian Sea in the region namely, Konkan. With its beautiful beaches, festivals, rich culture and natural scenic beauty, Goa is one of those places that has always been redefining holidays. So while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Villa Istoria, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Immerse yourself in fishing trips
- Experience the houseboat tour
- Enjoy Sunset Cruise at Bogmalo Beach
- Relish the jungle tour
- Embrace the lifetime experience of Kayaking in the backwaters
- Distance from Goa International Airport – 33 km.
- Distance from Thivim railway station – 21 km.
- Distance from the La Mer Apartment bus stand - 2 min. walking distance
- Distance from Verem market - 200 m.
Taxi services can be offered at an additional cost. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for cars is available at Istoria.
- Playing music is allowed provided anyone in the vicinity is not getting disturbed.
- Drinking is allowed.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- The swimming pool not accessible from 8PM to 8AM.
- Guests must use the antique bed with care. Children are not allowed to use this bed.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. If you stay more than 2 nights, the fee remains Rs.1,000. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Istoria fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 33 km. away from Goa International Airport and 21 km. away from Thivim Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 2 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges.There are 5 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 10 to 12 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place can possibly be booked for a day picnic at a subsidized cost. Please write to us at [email protected] with your details, and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, this place is ideal for hosting events.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
We are able to offer accommodation for your personal staff at an additional cost.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
While many of our partner homes do allow shoots, this place does not. Please consider applying the ‘Shoot Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?|
The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, toaster, induction plate, mixer, water filter, refrigerator and a microwave. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 12-15 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. WiFi is only offered in one bedroom and the living room
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator is available here.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Fishing trips nearby. Shopping at Verem market. Eating at local joints. A visit to Cruise at Bogmalo Beach.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 8 AM to 8 PM. The pool is 5 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made before 30 days of your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made before 14 days of your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within 14 days of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.