Formerly Calicut, Kozhikode was once, a romantic location with the charm of centuries-old streets and the smell of local sweets in the air. Today, it is a developed city with high tech malls and modern cafe's, but there still remains the... Read More
Formerly Calicut, Kozhikode was once, a romantic location with the charm of centuries-old streets and the smell of local sweets in the air. Today, it is a developed city with high tech malls and modern cafe's, but there still remains the purity of heritage.
Nestled in the heart of Kozhikode, Toya Toya villa is an amalgamation of traditional Kerala houses with a modern aesthetic and comfort added to it. Vibrant colours, thatched roofs, wooden furniture and luxuriant décor form the ambience at this beautiful sanctuary, that looks out to a serene view of the river and swaying coconut trees. Not just will the interiors steal your heart, but on a warm day, you can easily rejuvenate at the jacuzzi, or head nearby for one of Kerala’s famous Ayurvedic massages.
Basking in the idyllic setting of the serene Arabian Sea on the west and mesmeric peaks of the Wayanad hills on the east, this is the perfect destination for your vacation in the Spice Capital, where Vasco Da Gama first set foot in India.
Toya Toya is special because of its:
- Perfect blend of antique and modern
- Thatched roofs and wooden furniture
- Proximity to the Ayurvedic massage centres
- Kayaking activities
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
- TV, music system
- Power back-up, wardrobe
- Torch, iron
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Indoor and outdoor games, bonfire
- Secured parking space for 4 cars
Let me walk you through the villa:
- There are 3 bedrooms - 2 on the ground floor and 1 on the first floor.
- The rooms on the ground floor offer a twin bed and a double bed respectively.
- Attached bathrooms are offered in the rooms on the ground floor.
- There is a single bed in the room on the first floor and 2 single-beds in the hall.
- There are 4 bathrooms - 2 attached and 2 shared.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided.
- The living room seats up to 8 people.
- It offers a TV and a portable music system.
- There is an 8-seater dining table.
- Indoor games like cards and other board games are available.
- There is a lawn where events can be organised at an additional cost, on prior notice.
- Outdoor games like Dart and Frisbee are also available.
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- The kitchen is equipped with a cooking stove, refrigerator and a water purifier.
- Guests may use the kitchen to make tea, coffee, instant noodles and simple food for infants, but not for elaborate cooking.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- All meals are available at an additional cost.
- Guests can also choose to eat out in nearby eateries like Raviz Kadavu, The Light House, Restaurant, Downtown Cafe, Hotel Copper Folia, Aalibhai’s Thatukadda, Adukkala Restaurant and Cafiya Restaurant.
We are able to provide accommodation for your personal staff at an additional cost.*
Within the property, guests can enjoy relax in jacuzzi or play indoor games like cards and ludo. Guests can take a peaceful walk near the lake and embrace its beauty or explore the thrill of kayaking. They can also request for a bonfire to be lit up.
- Although the stay is deemed safe, guests are advised to exercise necessary caution.
- Kids below the age of 10 years are not allowed to stay as the villa is not fenced.
- There are CCTV cameras installed in the villa for security purposes.
- A barbeque can be arranged at an additional cost.
- A bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Accommodation for a driver is available at an additional cost.
- The Jacuzzi can be used at an additional cost of Rs. 2000/- on prior notice.
- Assistance for kayaking can be provided at an additional cost.
Calicut, also known as Kozhikode, is a coastal city in Kerala most commonly known for its spices and celebration of festivals. Its physical charm has been one of the major factors to attract tourists from all over the world. While the economy of Kozhikode mainly depends on agriculture and fisheries, timber industry holds a major position along with the export of tea, coffee and coconuts. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Toya Toya, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Spend some peaceful time near Kozhippara Falls and Thusharagiri Waterfall
- Visit Thikkoti Light House
- Explore Elathur Village
- Relax at Beypore Beach
- Distance from Kozhikode International Airport - 15.5 km.
- Distance from Ramanattukara Bus stand - 4.5 km.
- Distance from Feroke Railway Station is - 7.5 km.
- Distance from Pantheerankavu Market - 4 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa as this property has ample amount of parking space.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- The full payment must be made for your booking to be confirmed.
- The number of guests must not exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- Only the guests who have been accounted for are allowed at the villa.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- Any damage to the property caused by the guest will be charged as per the actual cost of repair or replacement.
- Any illegal activity - including but not limited to prostitution and the use of narcotics - is strictly not permitted.
- Any commercial activity is strictly not permitted.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Toya Toya fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 15.5 km. away from Kozhikode International Airport and 7.5 km. away from Feroke Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 3 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges.There are 2 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 8 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 8 guests. No, the place is not suitable for events.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for one male staff free of cost.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
While many of our partner homes do allow shoots, this place does not. Please consider applying the ‘Shoot Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with Microwave, Refrigerator. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery is available for 8 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator and an inverter are available here. Please note: Air-conditioners, geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Enjoy the jacuzzi for Rs. 2000. Bonfire can be arranged for as well.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Challenge someone to an invigorating game of Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity Adventure sports such as kayaking, stand up paddling, Shopping at local market area Some nearby attractions include the Harivihar wellness retreat for famous ayurvedic massages, Hi Lite Mall, Calicut beach, Thali temple, Uru (Traditional boat) building yard at beypore, Beypore Bird Sanctuary and Kuttichira mosque.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! There are no restrictions on the timings either. FALSE
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access is restricted to certain parts of the house.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund.For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer:a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay. a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.