Whites and pinks of water lilies spread in the midst of glistening, emerald green water, coconut trees swaying in the cool sea-breeze, lazy green stretches of paddy fields and flocks of ducks swimming about leisurely. This is the vision that... Read More
Whites and pinks of water lilies spread in the midst of glistening, emerald green water, coconut trees swaying in the cool sea-breeze, lazy green stretches of paddy fields and flocks of ducks swimming about leisurely. This is the vision that greets you at Alleppey, rightly also called the ‘Venice of the East’.
This luxurious villa echoes the beauty of the stunning state of Kerala and is named ‘The Rain’, since the monsoon is one of the most popular seasons to visit this land. The modern interiors are combined with thatched roofs that give you a true sense of the land. The infinity pool looks out to a magnificent view of the Arabian Sea and you can even enjoy Kerala’s famous Ayurvedic spa and massage services during your stay with us.
This villa also offers a number of indoor and outdoor activities, and most amenities are provided at this elegant retreat. All you have to do is celebrate life at the backwaters and unwind at this enchanting cove in God’s Own Country.
- A complimentary breakfast
- WiFi, wardrobe, hair-dryer
- Power back-up, torch, iron
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Secured parking space for 100 cars
Let me walk you through the villa:
- There are 4 bedrooms with wooden flooring.
- ACs and attached bathrooms are offered in all the rooms.
- All the bedrooms offer a sit-out space with a lake view.
- All bedrooms have king-sized beds. Extra mattresses can be provided on request.
- There are 5 bathrooms - 4 attached and 1 shared.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 6 people.
- It offers a TV and a wired music system.
- Indoor games like chess, pool and carrom are available.
- There is a 2,178 sq ft. shared lawn.
- Events for up to 25 people can be organised at an additional cost, on prior notice.
- There is an infinity pool.
- The pool is 26x36 ft. in size and 4 ft. in depth.
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator and a water purifier.
- Cooking is not allowed.
- Meals can be provided at an additional cost.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Although the stay is deemed safe, guests are advised to exercise necessary caution.
- There are CCTV cameras installed in the common areas for security purposes.
- Children must be supervised all the time while they are in or around the pool.
- Barbeque can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Laundry services can be availed at an additional cost.
- Spa services can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10:30 PM.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
Alleppey, Venice of the East, as rightly described by Lord Curzon is famous for its boat races, backwater holidays, beaches and coir industry. While you’re enjoying your luxurious stay in God’s own country, at The Rain, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Explore some of the heavenly activities like kayaking, cycling, cruising, fishing and boating.
- Enjoy local mouthwatering delicacies at Hotel Revati and few other local joints nearby.
- Distance from Cochin International Airport - 92 km.
- Distance from Alleppey Railway Station - 6km.
- Distance from Alleppey Bus Stand - 6 km.
- Distance from the local market - 6 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa, as this property has ample amount of parking space.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope The Rain fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 92 km. away from Cochin International Airport and 6 km. away from Alleppey Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - parking is available for 100 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The place may or may not be suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the villa. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There are 4 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 12 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for one male staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 2000 per person, including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 12 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator and an inverter are available here. Please note: Air-conditioners, geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Barbecue can be arranged at an additional cost.
Spa services can be availed at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Adventure sports such as kayaking, cycling, cruising and boating. Fishing trips nearby. Eating at Hotel Revati and few other local joints nearby.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking is allowed.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10:30 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 8 AM to 10 PM. The pool is 4 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
There are CCTV cameras installed in the common areas for security purposes. Children must be supervised all the time while they are in or around the pool.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.