The Shikra Suite is a sprawling duplex that is perched on the highest level of Fagunia Farmstay villa like the sleek predator after which it is named. It has a quirky split level layout. The Shikra Suite’s lower level consists of a long... Read More
The Shikra Suite is a sprawling duplex that is perched on the highest level of Fagunia Farmstay villa like the sleek predator after which it is named. It has a quirky split level layout. The Shikra Suite’s lower level consists of a long drawing room which leads into a walk-in closet and an ensuite toilet with a panoramic forest view.
The upper level has a large bedroom with an antique king sized bed and a cute attic beds on the side. The bedroom also has a distinctive fireplace, writing desk and window seating niches. One side of the bedroom overlooks the garden while the other side opens out into a semi-private sit out area with views of a pine forest on the side and the mountains in front that is perfect for intimate conversations late into the night.
The common spaces of the villa are designed to allow a free flow of interactions. A number of eco-friendly practices were followed in building the villa, and continue to be considered in its day-to-day functioning. Most of the ingredients used in the cooking here are sourced locally, allowing diners a rare farm-to-table experience.
The Shikra Suite room is located on the second floor and features a split level layout. It has:
- A long drawing room, a walk-in closet and an en-suite bathroom on the lower level.
- An antique king size bed, a fireplace, a writing desk and beautiful window seating niches on the upper level.
- An attic area with two single low floor beds, located next to the bedroom.
- A semi-private sitout area with forest and mountain views.
- A room heater is available. The heater can be used at an additional cost.
- Essentials such as fresh linens, pillows, bedding, towels and basic toiletries
- A cook is available at the villa. He specializes in preparing Indian and Pahadi food.
- All vegetarian meals, i.e lunch, evening snacks, dinner and breakfast are included with the booking.
-Meat charges would be additional.
- Fresh vegetables are sourced from the farm stay's own farm or from neighbouring farms when available and served to customers.
- For any other cuisine or specific meal requests other than basic Indian meals, guests are requested to carry their own ingredients. The cook at the villa is not trained to handle specialized meal requests beyond basic Indian/Pahadi cuisine.
- Meals will be served at fixed timings in the common dining area.
- There is no room service
- There are no nearby restaurant
- The al fresco communal living cum dining area is located on the first floor next to the kitchen.
- The area is spacious and has a seating arrangement for 12-14 people
- Board games like Taboo, Uno, Chess and Poker etc. are available. Coloring books for kids and adults are also available.
- The villa has a garden with a beautiful mountain view
- The lawn can accommodate 18-20 people
- Events can be organized at an additional cost with prior notice
- Outdoor games like badminton and Frisbee are available at the villa.
- Play board games: We have wide variety of board games at the villa like scrabble, chess, darts, poker and taboo available for use on request on a first come first serve basis.
- Gardening: If you know your way around the garden, you can help in de-weeding, watering or planting.
-Books: Each room of the villa has an eclectic collection of books, which the guests can enjoy reading during their stay. Don't forget to return them when leaving :)
- Hiking: There are many hikes and trails that can be taken around Fagunia Farm stay ranging from moderate to difficult. We can provide guidance on route and direction.
- Farming: If you know your way around a farm, you can engage in activities like ploughing, planting, trimming boundary plants.
- A torch is available
- An iron is available
- A hair-dryer is available
- A barbecue can be arranged at an additional cost
- A bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost
- Guests may use the wardrobes
- A basic first aid kit is available at the villa
- Laundry services can be availed at an additional cost
- A power backup is available at the villa
- Parking space in the village common parking area for 4 cars is available. Parking at car owner's risk.
- Driver accommodation for 1 is available at the villa. This service is subject to availability.
- Meals for drivers can be arranged at an additional cost.
- No loud music or shouting is allowed in the villa premises. No music is allowed after 10 PM
- Drinking is not allowed inside the villa. Guest may drink in the outdoor areas.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only
- Meals should be consumed in the dining room only.
- Pets are not allowed on the sofa, beds etc. There are other places available to them.
- IDs are required for all guests
Other things to note:
- The villa is located in a remote area, on a hill. It is not suitable for guests who have difficulty in mobility.
- The last 2.5 km to the drive is on an untarred and rough forest road which is a scenic but adventurous drive and not for the faint hearted. Local car transfers for the forest road can be arranged at an extra cost. Guests will need to walk down a village path for about 5-10 mins to reach the villa from the parking area.
- The car parking area is on the village common road. It is safe but parking is at car owner’s risk.
-The villa is located in a remote area, on a hill. It is not suitable for guests who have difficulty in mobility.
- The local market is equipped for basic purchases only. Any specific medications, alcohol etc. are not available in this market. It is advisable to carry them before reaching the villa.
- The villa is surrounded by forests. Guests are requested to take necessary precautions against insects.
- Personal connections sure get stronger, but cellphone networks may be weak here.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- The property is in a serene location, which can feel remote for some guests. The last 3 kms of the property is a rough road.
- It is difficult for large vehicles like a 12 seater tempo traveller to reach the house. The last 3 kms require local transport which can be arranged at Rs. 400 per trip. This would only be required for large vehicles.
- Cost for Non veg Meals would be Rs 600/- per person per night. Veg meals are included in the stay price.
- Meals would have to be discussed and ordered at least 1-2 days prior to the check in. Availability of non veg will be subjective as our caretaker has to travel some distance to reach the nearest market
- Personal connections sure get stronger, but cellphone networks may be weak here.
- Driver accommodation can be arranged on special request. Accommodation can be provided only for one driver.
Guest have complete access to the bedroom, along with shared access to lawn, and dining area.
Interaction with Guests:
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A personal concierge is present to serve you on demand. Besides, a trained and responsible caretaker is also present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Fagunia Farmstay is built on a 2 acre Himalayan farm estate and is a blend of Kumaoni stone building practices and contemporary influences.
- It is surrounded by largely undisturbed pine forests, that connect to the buffer forests of Jim Corbett National Park. You can glimpse a wide variety of birds and butterflies according to the season.
- The villa has many eco-friendly features like solar water heating, LED lighting, rain water harvesting, soak pit to filter grey water and a sustainable recyclable sewage management system.
Getting Around & Transportation:
The local market is at a distance of 3 km whereas Nainital market is at a distance of 15 km
- Distance from Pantnagar Airport- Approx. 75 km
- Distance from Haldwani Bus Stand- Approx. 48 km
- Distance from Kathgodam Railway Station- Approx. 37 km