Trust us when we say this - a stay at Sara's Chalet is the closest you can get to the feel of a vacation in Switzerland, while still being in India. The interiors are tidy and offer all modern comforts to guests. The attic adds charm and... Read More
Trust us when we say this - a stay at Sara's Chalet is the closest you can get to the feel of a vacation in Switzerland, while still being in India. The interiors are tidy and offer all modern comforts to guests. The attic adds charm and provides extra space for guests to sleep, or for children to play, while the adults have their own space in the living room. The incredible views are sure to lure you outside, where you can enjoy a bonfire on chilly evenings. There are four identical chalets in the premises, some or all of which can be booked together to accommodate a larger group. Sara's Chalet is perfect for a cozy stay with your near and dear ones!
Let us walk you through the villa.
- The chalet has 2 bedrooms and an attic, each equipped with a heater.
- Both bedrooms have king-sized beds.
- The attic room is on the first floor and can be accessed using a foldable ladder. It has a floor mattress about 6 inches thick.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms.
- The chalet has 2 private bathrooms.
- All bathrooms have modern fixtures and are equipped with geysers for 24/7 hot water supply.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided in all bathrooms.
Kitchen & Meals
- Guests have access to the kitchen and can prepare meals as per their convenience.
- Lunch is available at an additional cost of Rs. 400 per person per day and Dinner at Rs. 500 per person per day.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, gas stove, oven and water purifier.
- Crockery is available for 6-7 people.
- The chalet has a private lawn, great for BBQs.
- The lawn is also suitable for small events that can be organized with prior notice.
- A TV is available at the chalet.
- An iron is available.
- Guests may use the wardrobes.
- Mosquito repellent can be provided to guests if required.
- Secured parking space for 5 cars is available.
- A medical kit with basic first aid is available.
- Power backup is available at the property.
- There is a trained chef available at the chalet to prepare meals.
- Barbeque and bonfire can be arranged.
- Laundry service is available.
- Events can be organized with prior notice.
Guests have access to the entire chalet and its outdoor spaces.
The host is not present at the chalet but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is also present at the chalet to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- The chalet is located close to Green Hills Resort.
- A few famous attractions include Nathuakhan, Bhimtal lake, etc.
- The local market is at a distance of 3 km from this property.
Getting Around & Transportation
Guests can choose to fly, take a bus or train, or drive down to the chalet:
- Distance from Pantnagar Airport- Approx. 83 km.
- Distance from Nainital Bus Stand- Approx. 32 km.
- Distance from Kathgodam Railway Station- Approx. 40 km.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 250 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope this property fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you’re going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 83 km. away from Pantnagar Airport and 40 km. away from Kathgodam Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 5 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
We regret that we are currently unable to provide a comfortable environment for those with mobility challenges here. We are working to make this space more inclusive. You may find applying the ‘Wheelchair Friendly’ filter useful to view all the suitable options at a glance.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 6 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is part of a gated society.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 15 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
While we are unable to offer event planning services in this particular region, the host often offers to help. Please let us know of your requirements and we will let you know if that is something that can be catered to.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have a staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Lunch at Rs. 400 per person per day and Dinner at Rs. 500 per day.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with refrigerator, gas stove, oven and water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 7 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
WiFi is offered, but at any given time, it is subject to network availability. Besides, cellular network works fairly well.
Is power backup available?
Yes, an inverter is available here. It can support some lights and fans for a few hours.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire will be chargeable as per the wood cost. Room heater will also be chargeable.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Gaze around the snow-clad mountains. A visit to Bhimtal Lake.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check-in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking is allowed.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes, you're allowed to play loud music and party it hard. However, volume must be kept low after 9 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
This question is not applicable for the property.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
This question is not applicable for the property.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer: a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay. a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.