A modern house atop a hill, surrounded by lush green pine trees, Prem Ashray offers views of the hills as far as the eyes can see. It is only befitting then, that it has a glass house to savour the views 360 degrees! Even in the cold winter, the... Read More
A modern house atop a hill, surrounded by lush green pine trees, Prem Ashray offers views of the hills as far as the eyes can see. It is only befitting then, that it has a glass house to savour the views 360 degrees! Even in the cold winter, the sun shines bright and brings a beautiful kind of warmth.
Guests can be shown around the orchard, and the fresh fruits and vegetables available here are sure to offer your tastebuds an experience to remember!
Set up a bonfire in the evening and unwind.
Prem Ashray is special because of its
- Location on a hilltop
- Views of mountains
- Glasshouse with 360 degree view
- Apple orchard
- Modern decor
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
- Complimentary breakfast
- Inverter, AC (hot and cold), WiFi
- Wardrobe, hangers, electric blankets
- Iron, torch, washing machine
- Geysers, towels, toiletries
- Indoor games
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Secured parking space for up to 4 cars
At an additional cost, we can offer
- Lunch, snacks, dinner
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 3 bedrooms - all on the ground floor.
- AC, WIFI, electric blankets and attached bathrooms are offered in all rooms.
- All rooms have king-sized beds. Extra mattresses can be provided on request, at an additional cost.
- There are 4 bathrooms in the villa - 3 attached and 1 common.
- All bathrooms have geysers, towels and basic toiletries.
- There is a living room and a glass house on the first floor.
- The one on the ground floor seats up to 7 people and has a music system, TV and AC.
- The glass house can seat up to 12 people.
- The lawn is big enough to seat up to 20 people.
- Guests may use the kitchen to prepare their own meals at an additional cost.
- The kitchen is equipped with a microwave, gas stove, water purifier, refrigerator, toaster, mixer, grinder, electric rice cooker and all the required utensils.
- Crockery and cutlery are available.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Breakfast is complimentary.
- Lunch, snacks and dinner are available at an additional cost.
- Guests may use the kitchen to prepare their own meals at an additional cost.
- The caretaker can also cook at an additional cost.
- Guests may also opt to eat out at nearby restaurants like Tandoori Nights, Lord of the Wings, Broken Bridge, Gorkha Food Corner.
We are able to provide accommodation for up to 3 personal staff members at an additional cost.
Within the property, guests can play indoor games such as Ludo, carrom, chess, Monopoly, Scrabble. Guests can take a peaceful walk amidst nature. They can also request for a bonfire to be lit up at an additional cost.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
- Guests are advised to be cautious of monkeys around.
- There are 4 CCTV cameras that capture the external areas, the kitchen and the living area on the ground floor.
- In case of a power outage, the inverter can support all lights and fans for up to 6 hours.
- The caretaker stays in the premises of the same property.
- The bonfire can only last for 3 hours. Additional charges will apply to have it lit for a longer duration.
- Although a WiFi dongle is offered, the service is subject to network availability at any given time.
- Guests may use the kitchen to prepare their own meals at an additional cost of Rs. 500. Material charges will be borne by the guest.
- The caretaker can also cook at an additional cost of Rs. 200 in addition to the kitchen usage charges. Material charges will be borne by the guest.
- Vegetarian meals are offered at Rs. 300 per person, and non-vegetarian meals are offered at Rs. 400 per person.
- Bonfire is available at Rs. 1000 for a 3 hour session.
- Up to 3 personal staff members can be accommodated at an additional cost of Rs. 500 each, including meals.
Prem Ashray is near Kasauli, a cantonment town, is one of the most popular hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. It is often described as a hiker’s paradise, surrounded by lush greenery and majestic mountains. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Prem Ashray, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Take a tour to Kasauli Brewery where you can explore the process of Whiskey production and taste a sample of distilled whiskey.
- Take a panoramic view of nature from Monkey’s Point.
- Visit Dagshai Jail Museum, Mohan Park and Step Waterfall.
- Distance from Shimla Airport - 35 km.
- Distance from Kalka Railway Station - 37 km.
- Distance from Subathu Chowk Bus Stop - 1 km.
- Distance from Upper Bazaar - 2 km.
Taxi services may be offered at an additional cost. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 4 cars is available.
- Loud music is not allowed.
- Drinking is allowed.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- The full payment must be made for your booking to be confirmed.
- The number of guests must not exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- Only the guests who have been accounted for are allowed at the villa.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- Any damage to the property caused by the guest will be charged as per the actual cost of repair or replacement.
- Any illegal activity - including but not limited to prostitution and the use of narcotics - is strictly not permitted.
- Any commercial activity is strictly not permitted.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Prem Ashray fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 35 km. away from Shila Airport and 37 km. away from Kalka Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - parking is available for 4
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
We regret that we are currently unable to provide a comfortable environment for those with mobility challenges here. We are working to make this space more inclusive. You may find applying the ‘Wheelchair Friendly’ filter useful to view all the suitable options at a glance.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 9 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes/ the place is great for day picnics. However/ the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
No, the place is not suitable for events.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. The associated charge is Rs. 500 / per person including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them/ this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes/ the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing/ you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. All meals can be provided at a fixed additional cost.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with microwave, gas stove, water purifier, refrigerator, toaster, mixer, grinder, electric rice cooker and all the required utensils The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 9 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
WiFi is offered/ but at any given time/ it is subject to network availability. Besides/ cellular network works fairly well. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes/ an inverter is available here. Please note: Air-conditioners/ geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup. They support all lights and fans for 6 hours. Please note: Air-conditioners/ geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire can be set up, for 1000 Rs, up to 3 hours.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Play card and board games - guaranteed/ endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Eating at Tandoori Nights A visit to Dagshai Jail Museum
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted/ but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes/ they are. As long as they’re adults/ have valid IDs/ and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes/ it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum/ and of course/ love is love ♥
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Guests are advised to be cautious of monkeys around. There are 4 CCTV cameras that capture the external areas, the kitchen and the living area on the ground floor
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission/ entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently/ but if you still face any issues/ we request you to connect with us/ and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund.For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer:a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay. a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.