Blue skies, a scintillating lake and comparatively quieter, Bhimtal is another jewel adorning the crown of Uttarakhand. This small but extravagant town in the Nainital district is named after Bhima from ‘Mahabharata’, who is said to... Read More
Blue skies, a scintillating lake and comparatively quieter, Bhimtal is another jewel adorning the crown of Uttarakhand. This small but extravagant town in the Nainital district is named after Bhima from ‘Mahabharata’, who is said to have created the centrally located gorgeous lake, the major attraction in the town.
In the heart of these hills of mythological importance lies Mistletoe House, a quaint villa hidden in the midst of pink bougainvillea and glossy ivy. The interiors showcase the cosy style of the regions with sloping roofs and big French windows, yet offer all the amenities that make your stay comfortable. Pamper yourself with a warm bonfire or enjoy a barbeque night out in the lawn, or just unwind with a lazy afternoon nap on the hammock in the lawn.
Bhimtal is still an unpopulated and pollution-free hill station in the Himalayas, which makes it the perfect destination for you to rediscover your inner tranquillity and peace, surrounded by these picturesque hills under silky skies.
Let me walk you through the villa:
- The villa has 5 bedrooms – 2 on the ground floor and 3 on the first floor.
- A kettle and tea sachets are provided in each bedroom.
- 4 beds are king-sized and 2 are queen-size beds.
- 1 bedroom on the first floor is a suite that can accommodate 4 people.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms.
- Wardrobes are available in all rooms.
- The living area is located on the ground floor and has ample seating space for 10 people.
- There is a television installed in the living room.
- There is a common space on the first floor, as well.
- Wi-Fi is available for free.
- All 5 bedrooms have private bathrooms attached to them and there is 1 common bathroom on the ground floor.
- All bathrooms have modern fixtures with geysers for hot water supply.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided.
Kitchen & Meals:
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, oven, gas stove, toaster/griller and water purifier.
- The caretaker can prepare meals, at an additional cooking charge per meal.
- Elaborate cooking is allowed for guests, but a cleaning fee will be charged.
- Crockery and utensils are available for 12 people.
- Meals can be prepared by the caretaker, the ingredients cost for which has to be borne by the guests.
- A delightful barbecue can be prepared. However, the ingredients have to be brought by the guests.
- The villa has a well-manicured private lawn, with a badminton court.
- The lawn is spacious and has seating arrangements for 12 people.
- A bonfire can be arranged. The cost of wood has to be borne by the guests.
- A cosy afternoon nap can be enjoyed on the hammock at the lawn.
- Small events can also be held at the lawn, with prior permission and an additional cost.
Entertainment & Activities:
- The villa has ample options for indoor activities such as board games, chess, carrom, and Othello.
- A bookshelf with a collection of reading material is available at the villa.
- A game of badminton can be played in the evening, as the badminton court is equipped with night lights.
- The location of the villa is ideal for bird-watchers, as the Bhimtal Valley has great weather and some rare species of Himalayan birds can be spotted.
- Boating can be done at Bhimtal Lake which is close to the property.
Guests have access to the entire villa, including all its indoor and outdoor spaces.
Interaction with Guests:
The host is not present at the property, but is always accessible via call or message. A personal concierge is present to serve you. Besides, a trained and responsible caretaker is also present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- No loud music or shouting is allowed in the villa premises after 10 PM.
- No footwear allowed inside the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. Guests may use the outdoor space for smoking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest.
Other things to note:
- Secured parking space for 4 cars is available.
- Stay for 2 drivers/maids can be arranged, at an additional cost.
- A medical kit is available at the villa.
- An inverter is there at the villa in case of a power failure.
- For security reasons, CCTV cameras are installed at the common areas of the villa as well as the outdoor areas.
- A refundable security deposit will be collected before check-in. This amount is refundable if the total number of guests does not increase and the checkout time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking, this fee is non-refundable.
- This villa is conveniently located close to Sattal Lake.
- The nearest landmark is Nar Damayanti Taal.
- Nearby eateries include Iheart Cafe, Birdsong Cafe, and Aamod resort.
- Church Ashram, Sattal Lake and Kanchi Dham are few attractions around the villa.
Getting Around & Transportation:
This villa is easily accessible by all modes of transport
- Distance from Pantnagar Airport – Approx. 60 km
- Distance from Kathgodam Railway Station – Approx. 25 km
- Distance from Haldwani Bus Station – Approx. 30 km
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa as this property has ample amount of parking space.