Blue skies, a scintillating lake and comparatively quieter, Bhimtal is another jewel adorning the crown of Uttarakhand. This small but extravagant town in Nainital district is named after Bhima from ‘Mahabharata’, who is said to have... Read More
Blue skies, a scintillating lake and comparatively quieter, Bhimtal is another jewel adorning the crown of Uttarakhand. This small but extravagant town in Nainital district is named after Bhima from ‘Mahabharata’, who is said to have created the centrally located gorgeous lake, the major attraction in the town.
In the heart of these hills of mythological importance lies Mistletoe House, a quaint villa hidden in the midst of pink bougainvillea and glossy ivy. The interiors showcase the cosy style of the regions with sloping roofs and big French windows, yet offers all the amenities that make your stay comfortable. Pamper yourself with a warm bonfire or enjoy a barbeque night out in the lawn, or just unwind with a lazy afternoon nap on the hammock in the lawn.
Bhimtal is still an unpopulated and pollution-free hill station in the Himalayas, which makes it the perfect destination for you to rediscover your inner tranquillity and peace, surrounded by these picturesque hills under silky skies.
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let me walk you through the villa:
- There ares 5 bedrooms – 2 on the ground floor and 3 on the first floor.
- Attached bathrooms, wardrobes and kettles are offered in all the rooms.
- There are 4 king-sized beds and 2 are queen-size beds.
- 1 bedroom on the first floor is a suite room with accommodation for up to 4 people.
- Only 4 of the 5 rooms will be offered if the group size is 8 or under.
- There are 6 bathrooms - 5 attached and 1 common.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 10 people and offers a TV and WiFi.
- Indoor games like chess, carrom, othello and other board games are available.
- There is a bookshelf with a variety of books to choose from.
- There is a lawn with seating for up to 12 people and a hammock.
- There is a badminton court in the lawn.
- Small events can be arranged at an additional cost, on prior notice.
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, oven, gas stove, toaster and water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for up to 12 people.
- Guests can access the kitchen to prepare their own meals. Cleaning fee will be charged.
- The caretaker can cook for the guests at an additional cost. The price is not inclusive of the groceries.
- All the meals can be arranged at the property by the chef at the property, charges will be Rs 1500/- per day plus groceries as per actual for the whole group.
- Guests can use the kitchen for meals at no additional cost.
- Guests can also eat out in nearby eateries like Iheart Cafe, Birdsong Cafe, and Aamod resort.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- CCTV cameras are installed at the common and outdoor areas of the villa for security purposes.
- Secured parking space for 4 cars is available.
- Accommodation for up to 2 drivers or maids can be arranged at an additional cost.
- A medical kit is available at the villa.
- In case of a power outage, an inverter is available in the villa.
- Barbecue can be arranged. However, guests will have to arrange the required material.
- Bonfire can be arranged. However guests will have to pay for the material.
- Boating can be done at Bhimtal Lake which is close to the property.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Footwears are not allowed inside the villa.
Calling all nature lovers to this small town in the heart of Uttarakhand - Bhimtal is not one to miss. Be sure to pay a visit to Bhimtal Lake as it is one of the most coveted tourist attraction points. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Mistletoe House, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Aquarium on Bhimtal island.
- Hanuman Garhi, a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman that offers a magnificent view of the sunset over the Himalayas.
- Victoria Dam surrounded by flower gardens.
- Enjoy local mouthwatering delicacies at Iheart Cafe, Birdsong Cafe and Aamod Resort.
This villa is easily accessible by all modes of transport
- Distance from Pantnagar Airport - 60 km.
- Distance from Kathgodam Railway Station - 25 km.
- Distance from Haldwani Bus Station- 30 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa as this property has ample amount of parking space.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Mistletoe House fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 60 km. away from Pantnagar Airport and 25 km. away from Kathgodam Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There are 2 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 12 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for two male staff at an additional cost.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. All meals can be provided at an additional cost.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, oven, gas stove, toaster and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 12 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes, an inverter is available here. Please note: Air-conditioners, geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Barbecue and bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Play a game of badminton in the court. Indoor games like chess, carrom, Othello and other board games are available. Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Eating at Iheart Cafe, Birdsong Cafe and Aamod Resort. A visit to Hanuman Garhi and Victoria Dam. One can also go boating, kayaking and hiking. There is a beautiful church ashram which is less than a kilometre away. During season (Oct-Apr), one can enjoy the sighting and visits of migratory birds.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access is restricted to certain parts of the house.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.