La Ipsing Farm is a heritage home blessed with biodiversity and greenery, with no habitation in sight. Kids can play indoor and outdoor games, while elders can take walks around the farm, orange and guava orchard, and the nearby jungle amidst... Read More
La Ipsing Farm is a heritage home blessed with biodiversity and greenery, with no habitation in sight. Kids can play indoor and outdoor games, while elders can take walks around the farm, orange and guava orchard, and the nearby jungle amidst birds, butterflies and sounds of crickets.
The experience is pure and invigorating to the mind and body that will make you come back for more. Be rested and happy and enjoy the Sikkim tea as you soak in the winter sun and pure mountain air!
La Ipsing Farm is special because of its
- Views of the mountains and valleys
- Three waterfalls within 15 minutes drive
- Location amidst the organic farm, orchards and jungle
- Abundance of birds and butterflies
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
- A complimentary breakfast
- Generator, WiFi
- Wardrobe, electric blanket, electric kettle, iron
- Geysers, towels, toiletries
- Medical kit
- Barbecue kit, games, library, bonfire
- Secured parking space for up to 20 cars
This is a wheelchair-friendly, and pet-friendly property.
At an additional cost, we can offer
- All meals
- Laundry services
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 3 bedrooms - 1 on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor.
- WiFi and attached bathrooms are offered in all rooms.
- Each of the rooms can comfortably sleep 3 guests.
- Bedroom 1 offers a queen bed and a Sofa bed
- Bedroom 2 offers a queen bed and a Sofa bed.
- Bedroom 3 offers a Twin bed and a sofa bed.
- There are 3 bathrooms in the villa - all attached.
- All bathrooms have geysers, towels and basic toiletries.
- There is a bathtub available in one of the bathrooms.
- The living room seats 10 people comfortably.
- It offers a music system and WiFi.
- The dining room seats up to 10 people.
- There is a lawn with various types of trees and flowering plants, and a great view. It can be used for events on prior notice.
- There is a verandah with seating for up to 20 people.
- Guests are not allowed to cook in the kitchen.
- For your information, the kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, a water filter, a toaster, a mixer-grinder and a refrigerator.
- Crockery and cutlery are available.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
With us so far? You might be keen to know more about...
- A complimentary breakfast is offered.
- The cook can prepare meals for the guests at an additional cost.
- He can serve up some delicious local specialities, so be sure to work up an appetite with walks along nature trails!
We are able to provide accommodation for your personal staff at an additional cost. *
Within the property, guests can enjoy a peaceful read, play board games or outdoor games such as badminton or basketball. They can also request for a bonfire to be lit up. Additionally, the property manager can help them navigate a walk in the farm, the orange and guava orchard, and in the forest.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
- There is a friendly dog who resides at the premises of the same property.
- In case of a power outage, the generator can support all the appliances.
- There are no restaurants in the vicinity.
- The outhouse and yoga shed are currently undergoing repairs.
- WiFi, although offered, is subject to network availability at any given time.
- Meals are offered at an additional cost.
- Alcohol can be served at an additional cost.
- At an additional cost of Rs. 500/- each, up to 2 maids, 2 drivers and 2 cooks can be accommodated. The price is not inclusive of the meals.
- Guests will be charged for the material cost of the bonfire and the barbecue grill.
- Laundry services can be availed at an additional cost.
La Ipsing Farm is a 30 acre jungle and farm property in Samdong, nestled in the steep mountain slopes of the Teesta valley, in the North Sikkim highway, between Singtam (22 kms.), Dikchu (8 km.) and Mangan (33 kms.)
Bordered by Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal, Sikkim is a state in northeast India. A perfect hideout from all the hustle of the city life, Sikkim is home to various glaciers, monasteries, wildlife and much more. So while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay in Samdong, at La Ipsing Farm, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Visit charming monasteries such as Rumtak and Enchey.
- Explore the unmatched wildlife at Khangchendzonga National Park.
- Experience the thrill of riding a yak.
- Shop your heart out at MG Road.
- Distance from Pakyong Airport 58 km.
- Distance from Ghum Railway Station 89.1 km.
- Distance from Siliguri Bus Stand - 109 km.
- Distance from M.G. Marg - 32 km.
Secured parking space for 20 cars is available at La Ipsing Farm.
- Drinking is allowed.
- Smoking is allowed only in the designated areas.
- Pets are allowed to stay only in their respective shelters and not in the rooms.
- There is no restriction on loud music, however post 10:30 PM, the sound needs to be lowered.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope La Ipsing Farm fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 58 km. away from Pakyoung Airport and 89.1 km. away from Ghum Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 20 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There is 1 room on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 9 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 50 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for two male staff and two female staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 500 per person, excluding meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, water filter, toaster, mixer-grinder and a refrigerator. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 9 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator is available here. Please note: Air-conditioners, geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire and barbecue can be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Challenge someone to an invigorating game of basketball. Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Visit charming monasteries such as Rumtak and Enchey. Explore the unmatched wildlife at Khangchendzonga National Park. Experience the thrill of riding a yak. Shop your heart out at MG Road.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! There are no restrictions on the timings either.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable for the property.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access is restricted to certain parts of the house.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
There is a friendly dog who resides at the premises of the same property. There are no restaurants in the vicinity.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.