La Bougainvillea is a gorgeous Portuguese heritage home with a royal touch. The villa is ideal for a group of up to 14 people. The patio looks like it is straight out of a vintage postcard, and the red brick roof completes the look beautifully.... Read More
La Bougainvillea is a gorgeous Portuguese heritage home with a royal touch. The villa is ideal for a group of up to 14 people. The patio looks like it is straight out of a vintage postcard, and the red brick roof completes the look beautifully. The only choices you'll be making here will be between lazing in your dreamy four-poster curtained bed with your partner, enjoying a soak in your bathtub by yourself, or splashing around in the pool with your folks. The breakfast is complimentary, and other meals can also be arranged by the caretaker, so you have nothing to worry about. Guests are also free to use the fully functional kitchen. The lawn is spacious, and the property is an ideal venue for events for up to 50 people. The villa offers one of the most wonderful homestay experiences in Goa, and we strongly recommend it!
Let us walk you through the villa.
- All 5 bedrooms have AC, TV, wardrobe and double bed.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms and extra mattresses can be provided upon request.
- The living room has WiFi and has a seating arrangement for 12-15 people.
- The villa has 5 private bathrooms and 1 common bathroom.
- All bathrooms are modern and have geysers for hot water supply.
- Some bathrooms have bathtubs.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided.
Kitchen & Meals
- Breakfast is complimentary.
- A trained chef can be hired to prepare other meals as per the menu. This service is subject to availability.
- Guests are also free to use the fully functional kitchen.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, an oven, a gas stove and a water purifier.
- Crockery is available for 14 people.
Pool & Lawn
- The pool can be used only between 8 AM to 10 PM.
- Pool size: 30ft x 12ft with a depth of 6ft.
- Guests are advised to be very cautious, especially with children.
- The lawn has seating arrangement for 10-15 people, and can host up to 50 people.
- Events can be organized at an additional cost with prior notice.
- No loud music is allowed in the villa premises after 10 PM.
- No pets allowed at the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. Guests may smoke outdoors.
- A torch, iron and hair-dryer is available.
- A medical kit is available, along with mosquito repellent.
- Power backup is available at the villa.
- BBQ can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Laundry services can be availed at an additional cost.
- Secured parking space for 3 cars is available.
Guests have access to the entire villa and all its indoor and outdoor spaces.
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is also present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- The villa is very close to the House of Museum, Goa.
- Nearby eateries include Mustard Restaurant, Picnic Restaurant, Dominos, etc.
- The local market is at a distance of 2 km from this property.
Getting Around & Transportation
This villa is easily accessible by all modes of transport.
- Distance from Goa Airport - Approx. 32 km.
- Distance from Mapusa Bus Stand - Approx. 9 km.
- Distance from Thivim Railway Station - Approx. 19 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope this property fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 32 km. away from Goa International Airport and 19 km. away from Thivim Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 3 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. There are 3 room on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 10 to 14 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place can possibly be booked for a day picnic at a subsidized cost. Please write to us at [email protected] with your details, and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 50 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
Yes! We’d love to. We offer event services including but not limited to food, live music and decoration. Please do let us know if we can help you organize something. We are happy to work on occasions ranging from anniversary celebrations for two, to birthday parties and team outings, to entire weddings with a mile-long guest list!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for one male staff and two female staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs.2000 per person, including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. All meals can be provided at a fixed additional cost. Meal pricing - Rs.1200 per person.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, oven, gas stove and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 14 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator is available here.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Shopping at local market. Eating at Mustard Restaurant, Picnic Restaurant, Dominos, etc. A visit to House of Museum.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 8 AM to 10 PM. The pool is 6 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made before 30 days of your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made before 14 days of your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within 14 days of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.