Shimla's magnificent hills and mystical woods host the heritage homestay of Glen View. This villa houses 6 comfortable, spacious rooms with wooden old-charm interiors, yet all modern luxuries. There are plenty of indoor activities like table... Read More
Shimla's magnificent hills and mystical woods host the heritage homestay of Glen View. This villa houses 6 comfortable, spacious rooms with wooden old-charm interiors, yet all modern luxuries. There are plenty of indoor activities like table tennis, carrom, darts and board games, while you can also enjoy the outdoors with badminton, roller-skating and cycling. The villa's location also allows you to enjoy tourist attractions like Jakhoo Temple, Christ Church, The Ridge and of course, Mall Road.
- Power back-up, WiFi, hair-dryer
- Iron, torch, washing machine
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Secured parking space for 3 cars
Let me walk you through the villa.
- There are 6 bedrooms.
- TVs and heaters are provided in all the rooms.
- 3 bedrooms have king-sized beds and 3 have queen-sized beds.
- Some bedrooms have balconies that offer mountain and valley views.
- There are 4 bathrooms - 2 attached, 2 shared.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 20 people. It offers a TV and a portable music system.
- There is a 6-seater dining table.
- Indoor games like table tennis, carrom, darts and other board games are available.
- There is a 1,200 sq.ft. outdoor area can accommodate up to 100 people at any given time.
- Events can be organised at an additional cost, on prior notice.
- Outdoor activities like badminton, roller skating and cycling are also available.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, oven, microwave and a water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for up to 24 people.
- Guests may use the kitchen to make tea, coffee, instant noodles and simple food for infants, but not for elaborate cooking.
- Meals can be offered at Rs.500/- per person per meal for Veg or Non-Veg.
- The chef can prepare meals for the guests at an additional cost.
- Breakfast is complimentary.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- There are CCTV cameras installed in both indoor and outdoor spaces for security purposes.
- Although the stay is deemed safe, guests are advised to exercise necessary caution.
- This is a pet-friendly property. However, only trained pets are allowed.
- Barbeque can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Accommodation for up to 2 drivers can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10:30 PM.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Stag events are not allowed.
At an elevation of 2200m, Shimla is beautifully covered with hills and majestic woods. With the pleasant weather that stays for most of the months, Shimla attracts plenty of tourists thanks to its charming colonial architecture, pedestrian-friendly Mall Road and beautiful churches. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at (property’s name), here are a few things we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Visit the Ridge of Shimla
- Go for shopping at the Mall Road and Lakkar Bazaar
- Explore the tranquillity of Kufri
- Embrace the beauty of Green Valley
- Capture a panoramic view of the majestic nature from Kiala forest
- Relive the history in Kuthar Fort
- Distance from Shimla Airport - 25 km.
- Distance from Shimla Railway Station is - 6 km.
- Distance from Shimla Interstate Bus Terminus - 9 km.
- Distance from mall road shopping street - 1 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa, as this
property has ample amount of parking space.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Glen View Heritage Homestay fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 25 km. away from Shimla Airport and 6 km. away from Shimla Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
No - the closest spot the car can get to is 200 m. away from the villa.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 3 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The place may or may not be suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The parking spot is 200 m away from the villa. There are a few steps to be climbed to enter the villa.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 2 to 18 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place can possibly be booked for a day picnic at a subsidized cost. Please write to us at [email protected] with your details, and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 100 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
While we are unable to offer event planning services in this particular region, the host often offers to help. Please let us know of your requirements and we will let you know if that is something that can be catered to.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. The associated charge is Rs. 1000 per person including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
Yes - if you book this listing, there may be other guests besides you and your group here.
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
A complimentary breakfast is offered. All other meals can be provided at a fixed additional cost.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, oven, microwave and water purifier. Crockery and cutlery are available for 24 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Power backup is not available at Clen View Heritage Homestay.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
A bonfire can be arranged at Rs. 1500. Please note - This facility is available from September 15 to April 15.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Visit the Ridge of Shimla. Go for shopping at the Mall Road and Lakkar Bazaar. Explore the tranquillity of Kufri. Embrace the beauty of Green Valley. Capture a panoramic view of the majestic nature from Kiala forest.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
The guests do not have access to the kitchen and the owner's room.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Stag events are not allowed.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.