A quaint yet modern home tucked away in the city with an eye-shaped lake, Garbyang Homestay is amongst the finest in Nainital. From a spacious balcony to enjoy the pleasant weather, to a glasshouse to enjoy the views and even a gazebo to unwind... Read More
A quaint yet modern home tucked away in the city with an eye-shaped lake, Garbyang Homestay is amongst the finest in Nainital. From a spacious balcony to enjoy the pleasant weather, to a glasshouse to enjoy the views and even a gazebo to unwind at, this villa has everything you need for a cosy stay.
Garbyang Homestay is special because of its
- Convenient location
- Views of hills and forest
- Modern decor
- Local cuisine
- Open terrace with glass house
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
- A complimentary breakfast
- Inverter, heater, WiFi, TV
- Wardrobe, hangers
- Iron, torch, electric kettle
- Geysers, towels, toiletries
- Medical kit
- Barbecue kit, fireplace, games, bonfire
- Secured parking space for up to 1 car.
This is a wheelchair-friendly, and pet-friendly property.
At an additional cost, we can offer
- Lunch, snacks and dinner
- Barbecue and bonfire
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 3 bedrooms - 1 on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor.
- Attached bathrooms are offered in all rooms.
- TV and WiFi are provided in the room on the ground floor.
- King-sized beds are available in the rooms on the first floor, while the room on the ground floor offers a queen-sized bed.
- Heaters can be provided on demand.
- There are 5 bathrooms in the villa - 3 attached, 2 common.
- All bathrooms have geysers, towels and basic toiletries.
- A separate dressing area is offered in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 8 people comfortably.
- It offers a music system, TV and WIFI.
- There is a CCTV camera installed for security purposes.
- The dining area seats up to 8-16 people comfortably.
- There is a 150 sq.ft lawn with seating for up to 2 people.
- There are 2 common bathrooms - 1 on the ground floor and 1 on the terrace.
- The kitchen is equipped with an oven, a gas stove, a water filter, a toaster,
a refrigerator and a microwave.
- Crockery and cutlery are available.
- Guests may access the kitchen to prepare their own meals at an additional cost.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is present at the property and is always accessible. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Lunch, snacks and dinner are available at an additional cost and are menu-based.
- Guests can prepare their own meals. Access to the kitchen can be given at an additional cost.
- Guests can also eat out in nearby restaurants such as Anupam Restaurant, Royal Kitchen, Mahima Restaurant and Al Kareen Restaurant.
We are unable to provide accommodation for your personal staff.
Within the property, guests can play indoor games like carrom, cards or Ludo. Guests can take a peaceful walk near the lake and embrace its beauty. They can also request for a bonfire to be lit up.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
- There are CCTV cameras installed on the terrace, in the common corridor on the first floor, in the living area and near the main entrance for security purposes.
- In case of a power outage, the inverter can support the basic appliances for up to 8 hours.
- WiFi, although offered, is subject to network availability at any given time.
- 1 car can be parked inside the villa while common parking space is available for up to 3 cars.
- Lunch, snacks and dinner can be provided at an additional cost.
- Barbecue grill can be used at an additional cost. Coal and Stand are priced at Rs. 500/- while the cost of cooking is dependent on the menu and starts at Rs. 250/-
- Bonfire charges are 300/- per use.
- Guests can access the kitchen to prepare their own meals at an additional cost of Rs. 500/- and the price is not inclusive of the groceries.
Nainital is a hill station nestled in the foothills of the Kumaon ranges at an elevation of 1938 metres. So while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Garbyang Homestay, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Enjoy some peaceful time near Naini Lake
- Visit the Eco Cave Gardens
- Witness the beautiful panoramic view from the Snow View Point
- Distance from Pantnagar Airport - 71.8 km.
- Distance from Kathgodam Railway Station - 37.5 km.
- Distance from Nainital Bus Stand - 3.3 km.
- Distance from Tibetan Market - 1.9 km.
Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 1 car is available at Garbyang Homestay.
- Loud music is not allowed.
- Music, besides at extremely low volume, is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Drinking is allowed only in the bedroom and on the terrace.
- Smoking is allowed only in the lawn and on the terrace.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. If you stay more than 2 nights, the fee remains Rs.1,000. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Garbyang Homestay fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 71.8 km. away from Pantnagar Airport and 37.5 km. away from Kathgodam Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - parking is available for 1 car.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There is 1 room on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 10 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is suitable for small events.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
We are able to offer accommodation for your personal staff in a dormitory.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. All meals can be provided at an additional cost. The price will depend on the individual items ordered.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with big utnesils, fast burner, microwave, toaster, mixer, grinder, cylinder and a refrigerator. The utensils are sufficient to cook a simple meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 10 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
WiFi is offered, but at any given time, it is subject to network availability. Besides, cellular network works fairly well.
Is power backup available?
Yes, an inverter is available here. Please note: Air-conditioners, geysers and other heavy appliances are not supported by power backup. They support some lights and fans for 8 hours.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Take a boat ride in Naini Lake. Eating at the mall road. A visit to Eco Cave Gardens.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Unfortunately, we are unable to allow unmarried couples to stay here unless they’re a part of a bigger group. This is in no way moral policing, but a policy this particular place adheres to in order to prevent illegal activities.
However, most of our partner homes do allow unmarried couples. Please feel free to browse more, or ask us for suggestions.
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.