The lush green forests of North Goa shelter the cozy Flying Ferns retreat. The beautiful villa offers you spectacular views from every single room and as many amenities as any hotel, including a pool you can lounge about in and comfortable... Read More
The lush green forests of North Goa shelter the cozy Flying Ferns retreat. The beautiful villa offers you spectacular views from every single room and as many amenities as any hotel, including a pool you can lounge about in and comfortable bedrooms.
A stone’s throw away from the popular Anjuna, Vagator and Baga beaches, this is an ideal destination for you to reconnect with family, or dine at fine places and party it up Goa-style!
Watch the quiet unfolding of nature’s play at Flying Ferns.
Flying Ferns is special because of its
Central location in Goa
Serene common pool
Stunning views of the forest
We care for your absolute comfort! To that effect, we provide
Portable music system, iron, AC, washer, dryer
Toiletries, towels, geyser, medical kit, mosquito repellent
Secured car parking for 3 cars
At an additional cost, we can offer
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 3 bedrooms in the villa – 1 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor.
- All bedrooms have ACs.
- All bedrooms have a balcony.
- All rooms have attached bathrooms.
- The 3 rooms have queen-size beds, while there’s also a sofa bed for guests.
- There are 3 private attached bathrooms in the villa.
- One bathroom offers a bathtub.
- The bathrooms are absolutely neat and tidy.
- All bathrooms have electric geysers, towels and toiletries.
- The living room has a portable music system and a balcony.
- It has seating arrangements for up to 10 people.
- There’s a terrace where guests can unwind.
- A shared common pool is available for the guests to use.
- A small private lawn is also available for guests to enjoy.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove and water purifier.
- The kitchen is accessible to guests, who can prepare their own vegetarian or non-vegetarian meals.
- Guests can choose to order from the nearby restaurants.
- Crockery is available for 6-8 people.
The guests have access to the entire villa, as well as the common pool and lawn.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property, but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
Guests can indulge in the local fare at nearby restaurants such as Villa Blanche Bistro (700 m).
We are unable to offer accommodation for your personal staff.
Within the property, guests can enjoy a dip in their common pool and music. One can also head out to experience all that Goa has to offer as the villa is very conveniently located.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here is something we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
The villa is located in a gated community and there are CCTV cameras in the outdoor areas for security purposes.
The villa does not offer Wi-Fi accessibility.
Pool usage is not allowed post 9PM.
Snuggled in the countryside between Mapusa and Anjuna, Assagao is one of North Goa’s prettiest villages, with almost traffic-free country lanes passing old Portuguese mansions and whitewashed churches. The area is inspiringly peaceful enough to be home to some of North Goa’s best yoga retreats and a growing number of excellent restaurants. Quaint yet modern, busy yet secluded; Assagao exists somewhere in between the concealed charm of South Goa’s isolated beaches and the raging all-nighter scenes in nearby areas of Anjuna and Baga. Flying Ferns is conveniently located close to all these adventures that Goa offers.
During your stay at Flying Ferns, we personally recommend
A trip to St. Michael’s Church
A visit to St. Cajetan Church
Musical nights at Assagao Mehfil
A day at the beach nearby
- Distance from Goa International Airport – 43 km.
- Distance from Thivim Railway Station – 15 km.
- Distance from Bouta Waddo Bus Depot – 550 m.
- Distance from Anjuna Flea Market – 6 km.
Taxis are available for transportation within the city. The villa also offers taxi services, and you can get the details after check-in. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 3 cars is available at Flying Ferns.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
- Loud music is not allowed after 10 PM.
- Drinking is allowed at the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. However, you can smoke outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The use of drugs is prohibited at the villa.
- External guests are not allowed.
- Guests are not allowed to have barbecues.
- Drinking is not permitted in and around the pool.
- The pool can be used only till 9 PM every day.
- No loud music near by pool.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. If you stay more than 2 nights, the fee remains Rs.1,000. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
And that’s it from us! We hope Flying Ferns fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 43 km. away from Goa International Airport and 15 km. away from Thivim Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 3 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There is 1 room on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 6 to 6 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is part of a gated society.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place can possibly be booked for a day picnic at a subsidized cost. Please write to us at [email protected] with your details, and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it possible to host events here?
No, the place is not suitable for events.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
We are unable to offer accommodation for your personal staff.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook and consume vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. We are unable to provide meals here. Guests may eat out or order in.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 6-8 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Is power backup available?
Yes, an inverter is available here. It supports some lights and fans for 5 hours.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
The villa has a nice garden with a swing.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Fishing trips nearby. Eating at Villa Blanche Bistro. A visit to Beaches and Churches.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 9 AM to 9 PM. The pool is 4 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. Pets are not allowed to enter the pool. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Proper swimwear is a must. Do not jump in with regular clothes on. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of your swimwear soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
No additional guests allowed.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made before 30 days of your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made before 14 days of your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within 14 days of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.