A magnificent house in the hills, surrounded by pine and deodar trees, Ekam resonates peaceful luxury. The organic, farm fresh, gourmet food here will give you a unique culinary experience. Walk around the fruit plantation, vegetable and herb... Read More
A magnificent house in the hills, surrounded by pine and deodar trees, Ekam resonates peaceful luxury. The organic, farm fresh, gourmet food here will give you a unique culinary experience. Walk around the fruit plantation, vegetable and herb garden, feed the cows, enjoy picturesque sunsets from your room, meditate in a man-made cave, relish the tasteful, luxurious interiors, and bask in the lap of nature while being pampered with pure peace.
Ekam is available on room basis as well.
Let me walk you through the villa:
- There are 4 bedrooms, of which 1 is an attic room - 3 rooms on the first floor and 1 attic room on the second floor.
- 2 bedrooms and the attic room have heaters whereas 1 bedroom has a fireplace.
- Attached bathrooms are offered in all the rooms whereas balconies are offered in 3 of the rooms.
- All bedrooms have a king size bed. Three bedrooms have sofa cum beds/ double bed as extra bedding.
- There are 5 bathrooms - 4 attached and 1 common.
- Geysers, towels and toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 15 people.
- It offers a TV, music system and a bluetooth speaker.
- A PS3, board games, chess and carrom board and a well-stocked library are also available.
- There is a lawn with vegetation plantation and a fruit orchid.
- Events can be organised at an additional cost, on prior notice.
- There are 2 kitchens in the villa.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, a gas stove and a water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for up to 25 people.
- One kitchen is accessible to guests for cooking vegetarian food only.
- A complimentary breakfast is offered.
- Lunch and dinner are priced at Rs 600/- each, per person.
- Snacks, beverages and desserts are served as per the menu.
- Ingredients are procured from the organic plantation in the villa premises.
- There is an extensive menu, from which meals can be ordered.
- Cooking non-vegetarian meals is not allowed in the villa. However, there are no restrictions on the consumption of the same.
- Torch, iron, wardrobes
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Secured parking space for up to 5 cars
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Guests are advised not to step out after dark, as it may not be safe, given the location of the villa in a relatively secluded area.
- There are a few cows in a barn on the property.
- However not frequent, a friendly stray dog can sometimes be seen visiting the property.
- Bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Laundry services can be availed at an additional cost.
- Accommodation for a driver is available at an additional cost.
- In case of a power outage, power back-up is not available as the villa promotes eco-tourism.
The guests have access to the entire villa.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Cooking non-vegetarian meals is not allowed in the villa. However, there are no restrictions on the consumption of the same.
Located in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, merely a 2-hour road trip from Shimla, Chail is a place where nature speaks at its best, time stands still and your words transform into poetry. It is notably known for its mind-numbing beauty and virgin forests - a perfect retreat for those looking to cool off and simply relax. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Ekam Villa, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Explore the best of wildlife at Chail Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit the Kali temple, Chail
- Spend some peaceful time in Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri
- Experience the thrill of paragliding
- Distance from Shimla Airport - 58 km.
- Distance from Chail Bus Stand - 9 km.
- Distance from Kalka Railway Station - 77 km.
- Distance from the local market - 9 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa as this property has ample amount of parking space
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Ekam Villa fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 100 km. away from Chandigarh Airport and 20 km. away from Chail Bus Stand. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
No - the closest spot the car can get to is a short distance away from the villa.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 5 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
We regret that we are currently unable to provide a comfortable environment for those with mobility challenges here. We are working to make this space more inclusive. You may find applying the ‘Wheelchair Friendly’ filter useful to view all the suitable options at a glance.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 16 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes. the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 16 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
While we are unable to offer event planning services in this particular region. The host often offers to help. Please let us know of your requirements and we will let you know if that is something that can be catered to.
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for two male staff members at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 1000 per person including meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes. pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused. and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for pre-wedding shoots and commercial shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests are allowed to cook vegetarian food only. However. consumption of non-vegetarian food brought from outside is allowed. Meals can be provided at Rs. 600 per person per meal.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, a gas stove and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 25 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
WiFi is offered. but at any given time, it is subject to network availability. Besides. cellular network works fairly well.
Is power backup available?
Power backup is not available at Ekam Villa, as the villa promotes eco-tourism.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
You can enjoy a bonfire at Rs. 250 for 1 bungle of wood.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
You can enjoy board games or step out for some badminton and cricket. A nature trail can also be arranged.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Explore the best of wildlife at Chail Wildlife Sanctuary, a 4 km jungle walk is recommonded. Experience the thrill of paragliding, spend some peaceful time in Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri. A visit to Kali temple, Chail.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However. please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Please keep the volume low at all times.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes. they are. As long as they’re adults. have valid IDs. and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes. it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum. and of course. love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable for this property.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Guests are advised not to step out after dark, as it may not be safe, given the location of the villa in a relatively secluded area. There are a few cows in a barn on the property. However not frequent, a friendly stray dog can sometimes be seen visiting the property. In case of a power outage, power back-up is not available as the villa promotes eco-tourism. Only Vegetarian Food will be provided and will be allowed to cook, However Non Vegetarian food from outside will be allowed.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission. entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently but if you still face any issues, We request you to connect with us and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.