Nestled in a lesser known Suswa valley, surrounded by the Shivaliks and the Himalayan foothills, 20 km from Dehradun is Dudley Manor. Boasting of its picturesque location and lychee orchards amidst the organic farm, Dudley Manor overlooks the... Read More
Nestled in a lesser known Suswa valley, surrounded by the Shivaliks and the Himalayan foothills, 20 km from Dehradun is Dudley Manor. Boasting of its picturesque location and lychee orchards amidst the organic farm, Dudley Manor overlooks the Himalayas. Taking one back to the roots and enjoying the simple yet often forgotten joys of life, the property has a multitude of activities to keep the guests engaged and bring them closer to an organic, holistic and sustainable living. Being a 100% organic farmstay, most produce comes from the family owned farms.
The property tries to recreate many old world experiences for the guests such as tractor rides, pottery, working on the farms and picnics near the river. One can also learn traditional village cooking hosted by the owner Mrs. Jaya Singh which would include cooking on a traditional 'chulha' and involve recipes for seasonal food, a speciality of the Garhwal region. As the property rears its own cows, those interested can experience milking of the cows, making of butter and butter milk. Guests also have access to the badminton court, football field and board games available at the property.
To create employment and support empowerment within the village, the staff at the property are from within the village and all activities are also conducted either by the hosts or professionals from the village trained by the hosts.
Kindly scroll the images to have a brief glance at the activities offered here.
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let us walk you through the villa. The property features a 2 BHK villa and 2 individual cottages.
2 BHK Villa: The villa has 2 bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a common dining area
- 1 bedroom on the ground floor, 1 bedroom and attic on the first floor.
- All bedrooms have air-conditioners, room heaters and flat-screen TVs.
- All bedrooms have a double bed. Extra mattresses can be provided on request.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms.
- The ground floor room opens to the garden.
- The living room is spacious and has a seating arrangement for 10 people.
- A music system is available in the living room.
- Carrom, Uno cards and various books on Uttarakhand Tourism are available.
- A projector can be provided on request.
- The villa has 2 private bathrooms and 1 common bathroom.
- All bathrooms are modern and have geysers for hot water supply.
- Bathroom on the first floor has a jacuzzi.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided.
2 Cottages: Each cottage has a boutique bedroom, a living room and a kitchenette.
- The bedroom has an air-conditioner and a room heater.
- The bedroom has a double bed. Extra mattresses can be provided on request.
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided.
- The living room is spacious and has a sofa-cum-bed for 3-4 people.
- A music system and a TV is available in the living room.
- The kitchenette is equipped with an oven and a tea and coffee tray.
- The cottage has 1 private bathroom each.
- The bathrooms have temperature controlled flooring and geysers for hot water supply.
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided.
Pool & Lawn:
- The villa has a private pool and a beautiful lawn.
- Pool size: 42ft x 14ft with a depth of 5ft.
- The pool can be used only between 8 AM to 8 PM.
Kitchen & Meals:
- Guests are not allowed to cook in the villa. However, the kitchen can be used to make food for babies and elderly people.
- A trained cook is available at the villa. Delicious food can be prepared as per the menu. This service is subject to availability.
- Cottages have a mini-refrigerator in the kitchenette.
- Meals are cooked using vegetables from the farm in the premises. Guests can pluck their own vegetables for meals.
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, a gas stove and a water purifier
- Crockery is available for 15 people.
- A torch, iron and hair dryer are available.
- A bonfire can be arranged.
- Guests may use the wardrobes
- A medical kit is available at the villa.
- Mosquito repellent can be provided.
- Laundry service is available at the villa.
- A power backup is available at the villa.
- Secured parking space for 4 cars is available.
- This is a wheelchair friendly property. There are 3-4 steps at the entrance of the villa. If needed, the villa staff can help take the steps.
- Guests can indulge in activities like pottery, tractor rides for children, bird watching, cycling, jungle safari, rafting, etc.
- A complimentary breakfast is offered. Lunch and dinner can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.650 per person, per meal and Rs 300 for kids between 6-12 years old.
- A masseuse can be arranged for at an additional cost.
- Trips to Haridwar, Mussoorie etc can be arranged.
- Driver accommodation charges are Rs. 500/- per driver per day. A maximum of 2 drivers can only be accommodated.
Other Things to Note:
- The villa promises to give a farm stay experience. Vegetables are grown in the farm along the villa premises. Guests can harvest and pluck their own vegetables.
- The pool has a depth of 5ft. Guests are advised to be very cautious, especially with children.
- There are 2 friendly dogs present at the property. They are unchained. However, they can be kept in a different area if needed.
- Guests are advised to buy alcohol before reaching the villa as the market is away from the villa.
- Personal staff can be accommodated at an additional cost of Rs.2000 per person. The price is inclusive of the meals.
- No loud music is allowed in the villa premises after 10 PM.
- No pets allowed at the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. Guest may smoke in designated smoking areas.
- Guests are not allowed to cook at the villa.
- No footwear allowed inside the villa.
- Stag events are not allowed.
With the exception of the private seating area on the ground floor and the master bedroom on the first floor, guests have access to the entire villa and its outdoor spaces.
Interaction with Guests:
The host will be present at the property. He would love to engage with guests to provide them with the agro-living and farm stay experience. Trained and responsible staff is also present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- This villa is conveniently located close to Dehradun Hills Academy.
- The local market is at a distance of 3 km.
Getting Around & Transportation:
- Distance from Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun - Approx. 20 km.
- Distance from Dehradun Bus Stand- Approx. 20 km.
- Distance from Dehradun Railway Station- Approx. 20 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa as this property has ample amount of parking space.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. If you stay more than 2 nights, the fee remains Rs.1,000. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope this property fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 20 km. away from Jolly Grant Airport and 20 km. away from Dehradun Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
Yes - the place is suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. The car can be driven all the way up to the entrance. There are no steps to be climbed to enter the villa. There are 3 rooms on the ground floor.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 12 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 100 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes- Driver accommodation charges are Rs. 500/- per driver per day. A maximum of 2 drivers can only be accommodated.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be provided at a fixed additional cost. Meal pricing - Rs. 650 per person, per meal and Rs 300 for kids between 6-12 years old.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with an oven and a tea and coffee tray. Crockery and cutlery are available for 15 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
We are unable to offer WiFi here. However, cellular network works fairly well.
Is power backup available?
Yes, an inverter is available here. They support some lights and fans for 8 hours.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.1500.
Farm experience is included in the tarrif. Bird Watching, Cycling, River Rafting, Jungle Safari and Trip to Mussoorie can be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. A masseuse can be arranged for. Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Relish a hearty barbecue meal. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Adventure sports such as pottery, tractor rides for children, bird watching, cycling, jungle safari, rafting, etc. Trips to Haridwar, Mussoorie, etc can also be arranged.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only in the designated areas. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 7 AM to 8 PM. The pool is 5 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. Pets are not allowed to enter the pool. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Pool cannot be accessed after the consumption of alcohol. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access is restricted to certain parts of the house.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Footwear is not allowed inside the villa.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.