Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi House gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find a ‘daafi’ in every room at this enchanting location. The property consists of 3 cottages and is... Read More
Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi House gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find a ‘daafi’ in every room at this enchanting location. The property consists of 3 cottages and is surrounded by dense deodar trees and apple orchards.
These traditional old Himachali cottages are made of stone and wood. Look out to stunning views of the valley and deep forests from every window here.
Rediscover the lost tranquility of nature at Daafi House.
Let us walk you through the space.
• There are 3 cottages on the premises, out of which Cottage 2 (Bishnog) and Cottage 3 (Deori) will be accessible to the guests. Bishnog Cottage has 2 bedrooms – 1 on the second floor and 1 on the third floor. Deori Cottage has 2 bedrooms – 1 on the ground floor and 1 on the first floor.
• All-weather ACs are provided in all rooms.
• All rooms have attached bathrooms.
• All rooms have balconies.
• One of the bedrooms in the Deori Cottage has an attic attached where one child can be accommodated.
• Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
• All rooms have queen-size beds.
• There are 4 private attached bathrooms in the property – 2 in each cottage.
• There is also 1 shared bathroom – on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage.
• The bathrooms are absolutely neat and tidy.
• All bathrooms have geysers, towels, and toiletries.
• The living room has a flat-screen TV and wired music system.
• It has seating arrangements for 25 people.
• The common room on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage has a TV.
• There’s a private lawn where guests can host events with prior notice.
• Outdoor seating arrangements for 12 people is available.
• There’s a shared kitchen in the property, located on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage.
• It is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove, and water purifier.
• The kitchen is not accessible to guests.
• Guests can choose to order from the nearby restaurants.
• Crockery is available for 25 people.
• Breakfast is complimentary. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options can be prepared based on your preference. It shall only be served and consumed in the dining area.
• Lunch and Dinner are at an additional cost which is menu based.
• Guests can indulge in the local fare at nearby restaurants such as – Hotel Taj, and more.
• Please inform us about your meal preferences well in advance so we are well prepared to serve you.
• We offer accommodation for your drivers at an additional cost. Please note: this accommodation will be in a nearby hotel, not at Daafi.
Within the property, guests can enjoy games such as carrom, board games, as well as nights out of bonfire. One can also head out to experience all that Theog has to offer as the property is very conveniently located.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
• The cottage is located in a gated community. CCTV cameras are installed in the staircase area, dining room, lobby area and outdoor for security purposes.
• Be mindful that temperatures can fall below 15 degrees even in summers.
• Loud music is not allowed after 10 PM.
• Drinking is allowed at the villa.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. However, you can smoke outdoors.
• Pets are not allowed.
The guests have access to the two cottages, as well as the lawn. Each cottage has a private entrance.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
• Lunch and dinner are available. The cost of the meal depends on what is ordered from the menu provided.
• A bonfire can be set up. Guests shall only have to pay for the wood.
• Laundry services are available. The cost depends on the clothing provided.
• We can accommodate upto 2 drivers and the charges are 500/- per day per driver for the accommodation.
• The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
• The common spaces in Bishnog Cottage will be accessible to guests of all the three cottages.
• ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
• Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
• Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
•The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
• Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
• All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
• All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
• A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
A quiet escape from bustling cities, Theog is one of the less crowded attractions of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Warmly wrapped in the arms of the mighty Himalayas, it has everything a popular hill station can give you just without the crowds. Just 32 km away from the main town of Shimla, Theog is a beautiful weekend getaway in the hills. It is also a favourite among campers because of its plentiful and scenic camping site options. Far away from the chaotic atmosphere of cities and the excited shouts of joy and chatter of other popular tourist destinations, Theog has so far been an underrated destination. Daafi House is conveniently located close to all these adventures that this hill station offers.
During your stay at Daafi House, we personally recommend
• Nature walks through the forest
• Distance from Shimla Airport – 50 km.
• Distance from Theog Bus Station – 2 km.
• Distance from Shimla Railway Station – 35 km.
• Distance from Theog Market – 2 km.
Taxis are available for transportation within the city. You can also avail taxi services from the cottages. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 4 cars is available at Daafi House.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 50 km. away from Shimla Airport and 35 km. away from Shimla Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance. There are steps to be climbed to enter the rooms.
Is parking available?
Yes, secured parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
We regret that we are currently unable to provide a comfortable environment for those with mobility challenges here. We are working to make this space more inclusive. You may find applying the ‘Wheelchair Friendly’ filter useful to view all the suitable options at a glance.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 13 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
This property is a part of a gated society.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 20 guests
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
We are able to offer accommodation for your personal staff.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Cooking is not allowed here. However, a chef is present at the property to cook for the guests.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with an oven, gas stove, toaster, mixer, grinder, water filter, refrigerator. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 32 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Although subject to network availability, WiFi is offered here. Cellular network can be weak. The WiFi accessibility is limited to certain areas of the space.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator is available here.
Any additional amenities and services available that I should know about?
Bonfire can be arranged , First lot of logs /wood is free, susequent will be charged at nominal charges.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Play card and board games - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. View of the forest belt and apple orchards. Shopping at Theog Market.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - alcohol is permitted, but only indoors. Please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Unfortunately, we are unable to allow unmarried couples to stay here unless they’re a part of a bigger group. This is in no way moral policing, but a policy this particular place adheres to in order to prevent illegal activities.
However, most of our partner homes do allow unmarried couples. Please feel free to browse more, or ask us for suggestions.
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
While most of our partner homes are happy to welcome LGBTQ guests, at this place in particular, we are unable to assure them a completely smooth experience for reasons beyond our control, hence would not recommend it. Please feel free to browse more, or ask us for suggestions.
P.S. - We, at Vista, are proud allies to the LGBTQ community.
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access is restricted to certain parts of the house.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
Although a medical kit is available, it is advisable to carry essential medical back-up.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.