Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi House gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find a ‘daafi’ in every room at this enchanting location. The property consists of 3 cottages and is... Read More
Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi House gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find a ‘daafi’ in every room at this enchanting location. The property consists of 3 cottages and is surrounded by dense deodar trees and apple orchards.
These traditional old Himachali cottages are made of stone and wood. Look out to stunning views of the valley and deep forests from every window here.
Rediscover the lost tranquility of nature at Daafi House.
Let us walk you through the space.
• There are 3 cottages on the premises, out of which Cottage 2 (Bishnog) and Cottage 3 (Deori) will be accessible to the guests. Bishnog Cottage has 2 bedrooms – 1 on the second floor and 1 on the third floor. Deori Cottage has 2 bedrooms – 1 on the ground floor and 1 on the first floor.
• All-weather ACs are provided in all rooms.
• All rooms have attached bathrooms.
• All rooms have balconies.
• One of the bedrooms in the Deori Cottage has an attic attached where one adult can be accommodated.
• Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
• All rooms have queen-size beds.
• There are 4 private attached bathrooms in the property – 2 in each cottage.
• There is also 1 shared bathroom – on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage.
• The bathrooms are absolutely neat and tidy.
• All bathrooms have geysers, towels, and toiletries.
• The living room has a flat-screen TV and wired music system.
• It has seating arrangements for 25 people.
• The common room on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage has a TV.
• There’s a private lawn where guests can host events with prior notice.
• Outdoor seating arrangements for 12 people is available.
• There’s a shared kitchen in the property, located on the first floor of Bishnog Cottage.
• It is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove, and water purifier.
• The kitchen is not accessible to guests.
• Guests can choose to order from the nearby restaurants.
• Crockery is available for 25 people.
• Breakfast is complimentary. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options can be prepared based on your preference. It shall only be served and consumed in the dining area.
• Lunch and dinner are provided at an additional cost.*
• Guests can indulge in the local fare at nearby restaurants such as – Hotel Taj, and more.
• Please inform us about your meal preferences well in advance so we are well prepared to serve you.
• We offer accommodation for your drivers at an additional cost. Please note: this accommodation will be in a nearby hotel, not at Daafi.
Within the property, guests can enjoy games such as carrom, board games, as well as nights out of bonfires and barbecues. One can also head out to experience all that Theog has to offer as the property is very conveniently located.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
• The cottage is located in a gated community. CCTV cameras are installed in the staircase area, dining room, lobby area and outdoor for security purposes.
• Be mindful that temperatures can fall below 15 degrees even in summers.
• Loud music is not allowed after 10 PM.
• Drinking is allowed at the villa.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. However, you can smoke outdoors.
• Pets are not allowed.
The guests have access to the two cottages, as well as the lawn. Each cottage has a private entrance.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
• Lunch and dinner are available. The cost of the meal depends on what is ordered from the menu provided.
• A bonfire can be set up. Guests shall only have to pay for the wood.
• Barbecues can be arranged for guests. However, they will have to pay for the ingredients.
• Laundry services are available. The cost depends on the clothing provided.
• Driver accommodation for up to 2 drivers can be arranged at an additional cost.
• The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
• The common spaces in Bishnog Cottage will be accessible to guests of all the three cottages.
• ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
• Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
• Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
•The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
• Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
A quiet escape from bustling cities, Theog is one of the less crowded attractions of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Warmly wrapped in the arms of the mighty Himalayas, it has everything a popular hill station can give you just without the crowds. Just 32 km away from the main town of Shimla, Theog is a beautiful weekend getaway in the hills. It is also a favourite among campers because of its plentiful and scenic camping site options. Far away from the chaotic atmosphere of cities and the excited shouts of joy and chatter of other popular tourist destinations, Theog has so far been an underrated destination. Daafi House is conveniently located close to all these adventures that this hill station offers.
During your stay at Daafi House, we personally recommend
• Nature walks through the forest
• Distance from Shimla Airport – 50 km.
• Distance from Theog Bus Station – 2 km.
• Distance from Shimla Railway Station – 35 km.
• Distance from Theog Market – 2 km.
Taxis are available for transportation within the city. You can also avail taxi services from the cottages. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for 4 cars is available at Daafi House