Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi Homestay gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find yourself spending a lot of your time relaxing here while savouring the view. The property is surrounded by... Read More
Situated on a hilltop in Theog, Daafi Homestay gets its name from ‘daafi’, a sitting area next to windows. You’ll find yourself spending a lot of your time relaxing here while savouring the view. The property is surrounded by dense deodar trees and apple orchards.
These traditional old Himachali cottages are made of stone and wood. Look out to stunning views of the valley and deep forests from every window here.
Rediscover the lost tranquility of nature at Daafi Homestay.
Let us walk you through the space.
- There are 3 cottages on the premises.
- This room is on the ground floor of the Bishnog cottage.
- An all-weather AC is are provided in the room.
- The room has an attached bathroom.
- The room has a patio.
- Wi-Fi is available in the room.
- There is a queen-size bed.
- The bathroom is attached.
- It is absolutely neat and tidy.
- The bathroom has a geyser, towels and toiletries.
- The living room has a flat-screen TV and wired music system.
- It has seating arrangements for 25 people.
- There’s a private lawn where guests can host events.
- Outdoor seating arrangements for 12 people is available.
- There’s a shared kitchen in the property, located on the first floor of Deori cottage.
- It is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove and water purifier.
- The kitchen is not accessible to guests for cooking.
- Guests can choose to order from the nearby restaurants.
- Crockery is available for 3 people.
- Breakfast is complimentary. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options can be prepared based on your preference. It shall only be served and consumed in the dining area.
- Lunch and dinner are provided at an additional cost.*
- Guests can indulge in the local fare at nearby restaurants such as Hotel Taj.
- Please inform us about your meal preferences well in advance so we are well prepared to serve you.
- We offer accommodation for your drivers at an additional cost. Please note: this accommodation will be in a nearby hotel, not at Daafi.
Within the property, guests can enjoy games such as carrom, board games, as well as nights out of bonfires and barbecues. One can also head out to experience all that Theog has to offer as the property is very conveniently located.
While we do promise you a welcoming home and a great stay, here are a few things we’d like to mention so as to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises later!
- The cottage is located in a gated community. CCTV cameras are installed in the staircase area, dining room, lobby area and outdoor for security purposes.
- Be mindful that temperatures can fall below 15 degrees even in summers.
- Loud music is not allowed after 10 PM.
- Drinking is allowed at the villa.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa. However, you can smoke outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Guests are requested to be considerate of other guests who may be occupying other rooms in the same or adjacent cottage.
The guests have access to their room and the common areas, including the lawn.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property, but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Lunch and dinner are available. The cost of the meal depends on what is ordered from the menu provided.
- A bonfire can be set up. Guests shall only have to pay for the wood.
- Barbecues can be arranged for guests. However, they will have to pay for the ingredients.
- Laundry services are available. The cost depends on the clothing provided.
- Driver accommodation can be arranged at Rs. 1000 for 1 or 2 drivers.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
A quiet escape from bustling cities, Theog is one of the less crowded attractions of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Warmly wrapped in the arms of the mighty Himalayas, it has everything a popular hill station can give you just without the crowds. Just 32 km away from the main town of Shimla, Theog is a beautiful weekend getaway in the hills. It is also a favourite among campers because of its plentiful and scenic camping site options. Far away from the chaotic atmosphere of cities and the excited shouts of joy and chatter of other popular tourist destinations, Theog has so far been an underrated destination. Daafi Homestay is conveniently located close to all these adventures that this hill station offers.
During your stay at Daafi Homestay, we personally recommend
- Nature walks through the forest
- Distance from Shimla Airport – 50 km.
- Distance from Theog Bus Station – 2 km.
- Distance from Shimla Railway Station – 35 km.
- Distance from Theog Market – 2 km.
Taxis are available for transportation within the city. You can also avail taxi services from the cottages. Should you wish to drive down in your own car, secured parking space for your car is available at Daafi Homestay.View Less