Who would've thought an exquisite Thai-style home welcomes guests, just an hour away from Mumbai! If a full-fledged international holiday is what you're craving but time to spare only for a day or two, Baan Thai is the perfect choice for... Read More
Who would've thought an exquisite Thai-style home welcomes guests, just an hour away from Mumbai! If a full-fledged international holiday is what you're craving but time to spare only for a day or two, Baan Thai is the perfect choice for you. This spacious 4BHK villa can easily accommodate 10 guests. All of the rooms open onto the gorgeous sky deck. The seating in the lounge is perfect for the entire group to chill together, chatting or playing board games. Besides, there is an entire room dedicated to games, where you can enjoy playing billiards, carrom or table tennis. It is designed as the ideal "man cave," although women are bound to love its quirkiness too! Although the entire house is absolutely lovely, the sunset on the deck is the most magical experience this stay offers. Luxurious, romantic and memorable - these are some of the most frequently used words by guests to describe it. You do not want to miss hanging out in the pool on the roof, or lazing on the swing and lounge chairs around as the afternoon light turn a soft golden shade. Enjoy your morning cup of tea or drinks in the evening as you savour the stunning sunset here. Besides, there's a basketball court in the premises invites for a quick game. Nature lovers would also be delighted by the lovely garden that houses myriad plants, a lotus pond and beautiful statues. If you like the idea of being in the lap of nature while enjoying every modern luxury, Baan Thai is the place for you!
SAFETY & HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
Please note that we have taken the following measures at our property for our staff as per WHO guidelines in light of COVID-19 in order to provide a safe & protected environment to all our guests:
1. Washing their hands frequently and thoroughly
2. Monitoring temperatures daily to see if its below 99.1F
3. Wearing masks & gloves when in proximity of guests and each other as well
4. Use of hand gloves when carrying out cleaning work & when handling waste
5. Use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
6. Deep cleaning before every check in & post every check out of the entire villa with phenolic disinfectant
7. Sanitizing high-touch points at our property like switches, door knobs, remote controls etc
8. Placing of sanitizers in the entrance and living rooms
9. Maintain social distancing from each other as well as all guests during their stay
10. Guests will have restricted access to books, games & common swimming pools
Let me walk you through the villa:
- There are 4 bedrooms - 1 on the ground floor and 3 on the first floor.
- ACs, TVs and attached bathrooms are offered in all the rooms.
- 3 bedrooms offer double beds and 1 bedroom has 2 twin beds.
- There are 4 bathrooms - all attached.
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are offered in all the rooms.
- The living room seats up to 10 people and it offers an AC.
- There is a lawn with seating for up to 10 people.
- There is a pool.
- The pool is 20x8 ft. in size and 5 ft. in depth.
- It is accessible from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- Inverter, generator
- Wardrobes, hair-dryer, torch
- Mosquito repellent, medical kit
- Secured parking space for up to 3 cars
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, a gas stove, and a water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for 15 people.
- Guests may use the kitchen to make tea, coffee, instant noodles and simple food for infants, but not for elaborate cooking.
- Meal packages that include breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner are offered, subject to availability.
- They are priced at Rs. 1300/- per person, per day, for a group of 10 or more guests. For a group of fewer than 10 guests, the meals are offered at Rs. 1500/- per person, per day.
- Cooking or consumption of non-vegetarian food is not allowed in the villa.
- The meals may be prepared at the villa, or prepared in a central kitchen and delivered fresh.
- Guests may eat out or opt for the meal package.
- Ordering in /cooking/hiring or bringing a cook along are not permitted.
- In the rare scenario that the meal packages are unavailable, ordering in will be permitted.
The guests have access to the entire villa except for the master bedroom and the theatre.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A trained and responsible caretaker is present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- Loud music is not allowed post 10 PM.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Cooking or consumption of non-vegetarian food is not allowed in the villa.
- Access to certain areas of the house including the master bedroom and the theatre is restricted.
An ideal getaway from the city’s chaotic life, Alibaug shares its boundaries with the magnificent Arabian Sea. It is most commonly known for its sea forts, virgin beaches, black sand, mouthwatering seafood and a myriad of adventurous water sports. So, while you’re enjoying your peaceful stay at Ban Thai, here are a few nearby places and activities we recommend to make your stay even more memorable.
- Relive the history of Kolaba Fort.
- Take a calming walk at Alibaug Beach.
- Explore a mini detour to Vrindavan Farm.
- Embrace the splendour of Murud-Janjira Fort.
- Experience the beauty of nature in Kanakeshwar Forest.
- Distance from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport - 130 km.
- Distance from Alibaug Bus Stand - 15 km.
- Distance from the Chondi Market - 4 km.
Apart from these convenient routes, the guests can also drive down to the villa. Parking space for up to 3 cars is available.
- The number of guests cannot exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the home will be charged at actuals.
- Any illegal activity, including the use of narcotics, prostitution, commercial activity, is strictly not permitted.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- A damage cover fee of Rs. 500 per night is collected at the time of booking. This fee is non-refundable.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
And that’s it from us! We hope Ban Thai fits the bill for you, as we sure look forward to hosting you here. As soon as you book, our team will get in touch to help you with any additional information that you might want, and we will be at your service until check-out.
If you did indeed read all the information provided here, start your message to us with ‘Hey Sunshine’ and we’ll know you are going to be a great guest!
From Team Vista Rooms: Welcome home!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 130 km. away from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and 92 km. away from Panvel Railway Station. We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - parking is available for 3 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
No, the place is not suitable for guests who face mobility challenges. There are a few steps to be climbed to enter the villa.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as an entire unit for 8 to 10 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place can possibly be booked for a day picnic at a subsidized cost. Please write to us at [email protected] with your details, and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events and can host up to 10 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
Yes! We’d love to. We offer event services including but not limited to food, live music and decoration. Please do let us know if we can help you organize something. We are happy to work on occasions ranging from anniversary celebrations for two, to birthday parties and team outings, to entire weddings with a mile-long guest list!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
Yes. We can offer accommodation for your personal staff at an additional cost. The associated charge is Rs. 2000 per person, excluding meals.
Can I bring a pet along?
Much as we’d love to host them, this stay is not suitable for pets. Please consider applying the ‘Pet Friendly’ filter to view all the options available for you and your furry friend to travel together.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
No - if you book this listing, you and your group will have the entire space to yourselves!
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
Guests can order in. Non-vegetarian food is strictly not allowed.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, gas stove and a water purifier. The utensils are sufficient to cook an elaborate meal. Crockery and cutlery are available for 15 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed! While we do ensure the space is clean and comfortable for you, being a home, it may not mimic the feel of a hotel. However, if there is any lapse in terms of cleanliness, please inform the caretaker, and we would also appreciate you bringing it to our notice. We take your feedback very seriously, and take immediate actions to resolve your concerns.
Is Wi-Fi offered?
WiFi is unavailable here.
Is power backup available?
Yes, a generator is available here.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Enjoy a refreshing splash in the pool. Challenge someone to a game of basketball or badminton. Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Swing to your heart’s content and relive childhood memories. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Take a calming walk at Alibaug Beach. Relive the history of Kolaba Fort. Explore Vrindavan Farm. Embrace the splendour of Murud-Janjira Fort. Experience the beauty of nature in Kanakeshwar Forest.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Soft music goes better with the vibe here! Guests are requested to keep the volume in check so nobody around is disturbed.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
The pool can be used from 8 AM to 8 PM. The pool is 5 ft. deep. Children must always be supervised in and around the pool. Please do not carry food and drinks in and around the pool, so as to keep it clean. Please do not carry any glassware in and around the pool. This is for your safety. While we ensure the chlorine levels are kept in line with standard usage, extended exposure to pool water may cause rashes. If you have sensitive skin, please be cautious. Please shower before and after using the pool, and change out of clothes worn during your swim soon after you leave the pool. Please do not use the indoor furniture while wet.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
Access to the master bedroom and the theatre is restricted.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.