Whispering Pines offers incredible views of forested hills all around. A stay here leaves you with a sense of the kind of peace that can only come from being enveloped by nature. This, while being a stone's throw away from Shimla's most... Read More
Whispering Pines offers incredible views of forested hills all around. A stay here leaves you with a sense of the kind of peace that can only come from being enveloped by nature. This, while being a stone's throw away from Shimla's most popular hangout spot - the Mall Road. The lush green lawn outside is perfect for outdoor games, or to light up a bonfire and relax.
Most notably, this stay is ideal for yoga enthusiasts, who can make the most of enriching sessions with a certified trainer. The yoga practitioner who is often available here is highly experienced, and is capable of guiding you through asanas and mudras (yoga postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), meditations, sound healing, yogic diet charts and internal cleansing.
- The property has 4 bedrooms, each equipped with a heater
- All the bedrooms have double beds.
- Free WiFi is available in all bedrooms
- Fresh linen and pillows are provided in all rooms
- There is a shared living area
- The living area is spacious and can accommodate 12-14 people
- A TV is available at the villa
- The property has 4 private bathrooms
- All private bathrooms have modern fixtures and are equipped with geysers for 24/7 hot water supply
- Essentials such as towels and basic toiletries are provided in all bathrooms
Kitchen and Meals:
- The kitchen is equipped with cooking utensils, a gas stove, a refrigerator, an oven, and a water purifier
- The kitchen is shared and Guests have access to it and can prepare meals as per their convenience
- Breakfast will be complimentary. All other meals can be arranged at an additional cost
- Crockery is available for 20 people
- Kitchen is accessible to guests at Rs.1500/- per day for cooking, groceries additional to be borne by guests.
- Caretaker can prepare meals for the whole group at Rs.2500/- per day, groceries additional. (Only basic Indian and North Indian food)
- No loud music allowed after 10 PM
- No smoking inside the property
Other things to note:
- There are two steep turns right before the villa, and only small cars can go all the way upto the entrance. The caretaker can help you if required
- Heaters should not touch cloth or wooden surface
- Secured parking space for 3-4 cars is available
- This is a wheelchair friendly property
- A power backup is available at the property
- A medical kit with basic first aid is available
- There is an additional charge of Rs. 700 per day with accommodation due to scarcity of water during summer.
- The rental cost is exclusive of the refundable security deposit. We collect this additional amount before your stay - usually via a bank transfer - and refund the entire amount back to you after your stay, provided the number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest
- All guests must be able to share valid ID proofs when asked. This could be at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- All foreign nationals must be able to share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- A refundable deposit will be collected before check-in. This entire amount is refunded within two working days, provided the total number of guests does not increase and the check-out time is adhered to. In case of any delays or other grievances, guests can reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
Guests have access to the rooms booked and its outdoor spaces.
Interaction with Guests:
The host is not present at the property but is always accessible via call or message. A personal concierge is present to serve you on demand. Besides, a trained and responsible caretaker is also present at the property to resolve any concerns and help you have a perfect stay.
- The property is close to The Mall Road
- Some nearby attractions include The Ridge, Jakhu Temple, Tara Devi Mandir, Rashtrapati Niwas, etc.
- Nearby eateries include Hills Edge, 45 The Central, Eighteen 71 Cookhouse and a few other local joints
Getting Around & Transportation:
- The local market is at a distance of 1 km from this property
- Distance from Shimla Airport - Approx. 23 km
- Distance from Shimla Bus Stand - Approx. 5 km
- Distance from Shimla Railway Station - Approx. 5 km
- This property is easily accessible by all modes of transport
Guests can choose to fly, take a bus or train, or drive down to the villa.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
In case the above description does not answer all your questions, below is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any further doubts you may have.
What is the best way to reach the place?
The place is 23 km km. away from Shimla Airport and 5 km km. away from Shimla Railway Station We will be able to help you with more information on the location and how to get here once you have booked.
Can I drive all the way up to the entrance?
Yes - you can drive all the way up to the entrance.
Is parking available?
Yes - secured parking is available for 4 cars.
Is the place suitable for senior citizens, wheelchair users and / or others with mobility challenges?
The place may or may not be suitable for guests who face mobility challenges.
What group size/s is the place suitable for?
The place can be booked as a four-bedroom space for 8 guests.
Is this stay part of a society or a standalone property?
The stay is a standalone property.
Is the villa suitable for a day picnic?
Yes, the place is great for day picnics. However, the cost to book would remain the same as it is for booking a stay.
Is it possible to host events here?
Yes, the place is ideal for events on a prior notice and can host up to 40 guests.
Can Team Vista help me organize the event?
We’d have loved to help, but we won’t be your best bet for event planning in this particular region. We are working on building out the right resources, so as to be able to help you with hosting events at our partner homes in the near future!
Can my driver/s and other personal staff be accommodated here?
No. We don't offer accommodation for staff.
Can I bring a pet along?
Yes, pets are most welcome here! Please keep them supervised at all times to ensure there are no damages caused, and most importantly for their own safety in an unfamiliar space.
Can I reserve the place for a shoot?
Yes, the place is available for shoots. The cost to conduct a shoot may differ from the stay cost. Please inform the team about your requirement at [email protected] to discuss this further.
Will there be any other guests besides my group and me?
Yes - if you book this listing, there may be other guests besides you and your group here.
Will we have staff to help us?
Yes, a trained and responsible caretaker is present to help you. Housekeeping will be taken care of. If you require any additional help, you can ask the caretaker, and they may charge a small fee for the same. If you are satisfied with the service, please feel free to leave a tip.
What about meals?
All meals can be arranged at Rs. 2000 per person, plus the cost of groceries.
What is the kitchen equipped with?
The kitchen is equipped with cooking utensils, gas stove, refrigerator, oven and a water purifier. Crockery and cutlery are available for 20 people.
How often can I expect turndown service?
When you arrive, you will find a set of fresh linen laid out for you. Linen is changed upon request to avoid wastage of water caused by unnecessary laundering. Please do let the caretaker know whenever you wish to have your bed sheets or towels changed!
Is Wi-Fi offered?
Yes, WiFi is available here, although it is subject to network availability at any given time.
Is power backup available?
Power backup is not available at Whispering Pines.
Any additional amenities and services availablethat I should know about?
Barbeque kit is available at an additional cost. Bonfire can be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.1000, depending on the availablity of wood.
What activities can I indulge in at the place?
While the most important thing about your time here will be spending quality time with your loved ones in a beautiful and private space, the following activities may add a touch of entertainment to the experience: Carry card and board games to play - guaranteed, endless fun! Put on some music and sit around a bonfire, enjoying its warmth while a cool breeze blows. Carry a good read to enjoy peacefully. Soothe your eyes with the beautiful views around. A Yoga session can also be arranged at an additional cost.
What activities can I indulge in around here?
If you wish to step out, here are a few of the activities that we recommend around here: Walking along the beautiful nature trails in the vicinity. Visit the Ridge of Shimla. Capture a panoramic view of the majestic nature from Kiala forest. Shopping at the Mall Road and Lakkar Bazaar. Embrace the beauty of Green Valley. Explore the tranquillity of Kufri.
HOUSE RULES FAQs:
Will I be asked for my ID?
All guests should keep at least one government authorized ID with them. The caretaker may request to see them when you check in.
Is alcohol allowed here?
Yes - eat, drink and be merry! However, please ensure you and your group stay absolutely safe. We also trust our guests to enjoy a happy high without indulging in drunken misbehaviour of any kind!
Is smoking allowed here?
Yes - smoking outdoors is allowed here. Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Are drugs allowed here?
No. We promptly report the use of drugs or any other type of illegal activity to the police, and they tend to offer an alternate accommodation that is not quite as pleasant as this lovely home. We would not recommend it at all!
Is loud music allowed here?
Yes - you are allowed to play loud music and party it up! However, the volume must be kept low after 10 PM.
Are unmarried couples allowed to stay here?
Yes, they are. As long as they’re adults, have valid IDs, and are in no way associated with illegal activities - we’re good!
Is the stay safe for those who identify as LGBTQ?
Yes, it is. We know gender identity is spread across a spectrum, and of course, love is love ♥
Are there any rules regarding pool usage?
This question is not applicable for this property.
Are there any areas of the house that access is restricted to?
This question is not applicable for this property.
Are there any other things to keep in mind?
There are two steep turns right before the villa, and only small cars can go all the way up to the entrance. Guests are requested to not let any cloth or wooden surface touch the heaters.
Can I entertain additional day visitors as my guests while I stay here?
In general, this is not permitted. However, on request, within reasonable limits and with prior permission, entertaining guests may be allowed. Please let the team know details such as number of guests and approximate time of visit well in advance. Visitors would have to carry valid IDs. There may be an extra charge associated with entertaining guests.
What is the general code of conduct expected from guests?
We expect our guests to have a lot of fun! This goes most smoothly when everyone is considerate of others around them. We do train the caretakers to resolve any concerns efficiently, but if you still face any issues, we request you to connect with us, and our team will promptly help. We trust you to treat the staff and any other people around with respect.
When can I be sure my booking is confirmed?
Your booking is 100% confirmed only after you’ve made the full payment and received an email confirming your stay in response.
How can I make the payment?
You can pay online, or connect with a Vista representative offline regarding bank details.
What is the cancellation policy?
For long weekends and peak dates, we are unable to offer a refund. For all other dates, if you must cancel your booking, we offer a full refund if the cancellation is made more than 14 days before your stay and a 50% refund if the cancellation is made less than 14 days but more than a week before your stay. We are unable to offer a refund if the cancellation is made within a week of your stay.
How do I pay for additional services?
Most additional services will be paid for in cash at the property. Our representative will be able to share more details regarding the mode of payment for specific services offered here.
How do I pay the security deposit and how do I get it back?
You can pay the security deposit along with the rest of the booking amount. If the number of guests staying does not exceed the number of guests booked for, and if the check-in and check-out times are adhered to, the amount will be refunded to you via a simple link. This will be done within 3 working days from the check-out date.