The new year has officially begun. It has brought in new hopes, hopes of actually meeting people in person, hopes of fewer video calls but more getting out and hopes of travelling in general.
Well, if you are looking forward to travelling, you will be glad to know that getting out of the Mumbai Airport is going to be comparatively hassle-free. The newly introduced COVID-19 express test will make travel easier than before. Launched on 15 December, 2020, the ID NOW test by Abbott Laboratories uses rapid molecular technology and gives results in 13 minutes flat. Though, pricier than the regular RT-PCR test, this test gives accurate results in a much lesser time frame.
This new express test not only reduces the waiting time of the test results, but also helps in minimising transmission risks. A tool to help fight the pandemic, this test by Abbott Laboratory helps in creating a safer environment for passengers as well as airport staff. As on December 28, 400 express tests had been carried out.
Here is everything you need to know about the COVID-19 Express Test –
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai has introduced a new round-the-clock COVID-19 express test centre.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is the first airport in the country to introduce the express test called ID NOW by Abbott Laboratories.
- Here, flyers can receive their test results in 13 minutes.
- The test, priced at Rs. 4,500 per test, is pricier than the RT-PCR test, however, it is quick and provides accurate diagnosis.
- The testing facility is in Terminal 2, Level 2, exit Gate B.
- Flyers arriving in Mumbai from International destinations as well having connecting flights can avail this test.
- Flyers who test negative will be allowed to carry on with their travel, however, people who test positive will be sent to the respective institutional quarantine centres in Mumbai.
Nonetheless, if you are skeptical about taking this test, there is nothing to worry about. The regular RT-PCR test is also available. The regular test results take up to 24-48 hours for arriving passengers, and 8 to 10 hours for departing passengers, which are then sent via email.
Travel is slowly, but gradually opening. While we have been yearning to travel, it is also important to be safe. If you are travelling, please ensure the safety hygiene measures are taken care of by each individual by taking all the necessary precautions and adhering to all the guidelines.